Chapter 6- Sorting

"He told me to stay in the car and then he opened the door for me and then he linked arms with me. He asked me to dance and said I looked beautiful. and-"

"(Y/N) slow down ok breath"

You calm down as the elevator door opens up on your floor and you both run to your bedroom and you sit on the bed.

"He was talking about me soulmate and was smiling when I talk about it. We then went to get the sceptre and he had to unclipped the dress. It was fine till he had to clip it back on."

"What do you mean"

"He clipped it back on and left his hands around my waist while I turned back around to him. He just looked into my eyes until we heard someone. Then he grabbed my hand and ran while holding it"

"Wait what?"

"No this is the worst part. I messed it all up Nat. I didn't know what to do because we were gonna get caught and I looked at him and he didn't know either so..."

"So?!"

"I may have said 'Buck I'm so sorry' and kissed him"

"Oh my god..."

"Yeah and it was a long kiss and now he hates me"

"I don't think he hates you calm down. Look get in the shower and come down, it will be fine"

You took Nat's advice and got in the shower. You get a new pair of sweatpants and a hoodie. You walked down to the lounge were most of the team heard of what happened. You walk past them to the kitchen and grab a snack. You have your headphones in and we're listening to your stress song to try calm down and think. You sit in a single chair and start scribbling something down in your notebook.

"Wanda she's doing it" Nat looks over at you and back to Wanda.

"Doing what?" Steve asks.

"When ever she's really worried or stresses over something she plays this one song over and over to try calm down and think straight." Wanda explains.

"Should we talk to her?" Sam asks.

"After what she told me, she needs to think this one out" Nat replies.

"Wait it was more than just a kiss? Steve asks.

Nat goes on to explain to Sam, Scott, Thor, Steve and Wanda what you told her happened at the ball. They all kinda shocked as they never thought that there was anything between you and Bucky. They are looking over at you when they hear the elevator ding. Bucky walks over to the group and starts talking.

"Steve she's doing it again!"

"What do you mean Bucky?" Thor asks.

"My soulmate does this thing where she constantly plays one song over and over again. Sometimes Find it cute but tonight I really don't."

"What song is it?" Scott asks.

"It's call Mr. Loverman and I could recite it over and over I've been made listen to it for so long."

Nat and Wanda flick their heads over at each other and then at you. Only then does Bucky notice your presents. He looks a bit upset to see you like that, all curled up with no colour in your face. He's about to walk over to you when Nat grabs his arm

"Bucky don't"

"Why not.. why can't I speak to her"

"Not tonight, she needs to process. Don't worry about her, she will be fine"

The hours pass and you still haven't moved. You just sit there thinking about the night. It was magical really but you had to go and ruin it all. Nat sits in the sofa next to you till about 3am. Nobody speaks but you glad she's their with you. Eventually she helps you up to your room.

"Come on, you need to get some rest."

Nat has her arm around you as you leave the elevator and puts you into bed. She quietly exits your room when she sees that Bucky is still awake and looking at the door. Nat walks to his room to see that like you, he's a mess.

"Is she okay?"

"She's gonna be fine"

"Nat... I didn't want it to end."

"What?"

"She kissed me and I didn't want the kiss to end when it did"

Theres a long pause before Nat starts again.

"You like (Y/N) don't you Buck"

He looks up at Nat with sadness.

"But I'm not her soulmate. I'd like to be I really would but I'm just not"

"Why would you think that?"

"We were together at that ball and I hear nothing from who ever my soulmate is"

"Oh Bucky" Nat laughed "When your listening to the same music at the same time, your really listening to the other person"

All of a sudden there was hope in his eyes. He lay down and tried to sleep as Nat when back to her floor. The tower was silent once more.