{19} ITZY - Yeji - Bubblegum Bitch ⭐️

1144 words

~ Just a normal one cuz I wanted to write something like this for Yeji ~

* TAGS: bubblegum - graffiti - being out at night - dragon

My friend was playing Ark while I wrote this so yes I put a dragon in it hehe.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?"

The cold air nipped at your bare legs, the bag on your shoulder rustling with every step. Yeji turned around and grinned, her blue pigtails swinging around her. "Of course it is! Have some fun, live a little!"

You nodded, a smile of your own forming on your lips. A few weeks ago you had been dreading the start of a new year of college. A new year meant meeting new people and having to make new friends and possibly finding new people who'd be teasing and annoying you for the rest of the year all the way up to the final exams. But it had been nothing like you'd anticipated.

On only the second day of school you met this girl. From the moment she walked in to the moment you were sharing with her now, she captivate you. She had looked over the lecture hall with orbs lined with eyeliner, lips coated in a layer of glossy lipstick. She had glanced over to you briefly before grinning and strutting over with her black platform boots, plopping down on the seat next to you.

"Hi." She had said, leaning back in the chair and chewing her gum rather loudly.

"Hi." You had smiled back, nervously twirling your pencil between your fingers.

Every since that day she had been like a magnet to you. You couldn't help it, the vibe she held around her just pulled you in with no way of slowing down. You didn't know what it was, but you liked her. Maybe not in that way, but you didn't know in what way exactly. And that was okay, it was what it was. Nothing more nothing less. And that was okay.

"Just put the bag down here, I think this is a good spot." Yeji said then, dragging you out of your thoughts. You let the strap fall down your shoulder, dropping the item to the ground. "I feel like we can do a huge piece here." She continued.

Here, referred to a spot under the bridge. It was dark, no one could possible see you standing in the shades but you could hear cars passing by on the road above you, the concrete working like a sound strengthener. Yeji crouched down, opening the bag and digging through it before coming up with a small package. It was pink and you knew what it was after a mere millisecond of looking at it. She opened it and got out a small wrapper, quickly undoing it and popping the bubblegum in her mouth.

Bubblegum. Her go-to thing. You couldn't name a single day on which you hadn't seen her chewing on some gum. She looked up at you and grinned, chewing the gum rather loudly and you smiled back at her. Yeji stood back up, this time a can of spray-paint in her hand. "Wanna have some fun?"

You nodded, bending down and grabbing a can from the bag as well. "Always." You replied, shaking the can to get the paint flowing to make it easier.

The two of you stepped towards the wall and you waited until Yeji started. You always did. Not because you were scared or because you didn't like doing this. It was just because you knew she loved graffiti. You didn't want to take that away from her. You knew you wouldn't but it just felt better like this.

Yeji tapped her cheek, humming as she thought about what to make and then she smiled, lifting the can and spraying the paint onto the concrete wall. You watched as she dragged it along, creating a line without any mistakes in it. It still amazed you how she could do that. Her hands were so steady, never shaking. You envied her a little.

She continued to paint the wall, creating an imagine with the white paint. The more she added to it, the more you started to recognize it. Yeji chewed her gum, blowing a bubble of it and letting it pop before chewing loudly again. When she was done she turned around, grinning.

"A dragon?" You asked.

"Yep!" She piped.  "Dragons are cool and I've always wanted to make one. So yeah, dragon."

You smiled and bend down, grabbing another can from the bag. This time green. "Green or red?" You asked, holding the green can and the one you already held towards her. Yeji tilted her head.  "I'm thinking green but maybe red would pop more 'cuz the grass here is also green." She said, gesturing to the ground below your feet. You nodded and let the green can fall down to the bag.  "Red it is then."

The two of you talked about little nothings, spraying graffiti on the concrete wall under the highway and coloring in the dragon. She had made it so that it was spreading its wings and after a minute of thinking you decided it needed to breathe fire as well. A red dragon was bound to fire, after all.

Yeji kept blowing bubbles and while some students at college said it was annoying and kept disturbing their concentration, you actually thought it was calming and satisfying. The way you'd hear a blowing sound and then an audible pop.. You didn't why, you just liked it.

After maybe half an hour you stepped back, admiring your work and you smiled, letting the can fall down to lay next to the bag on the ground. Yeji sprayed a little more red to the dragon's face to make the illusion it had depth and then stepped back as well. It was pretty well made, if you said so yourself. The red was vibrant, the white lining was subtle, the dragon's eyes were fierce and though the fire looked a bit more cartoonish it fit the piece well.

"I've always wanted to do that." Yeji grinned, blowing a bubble again. You glanced over to her. "The dragon?" You asked, making her nod. "Yeah. They're just so majestic. I don't know what it is about them, I just really like them." She said while looking at the art you had just made.

You smiled instead of giving her a verbal answer, knowing she didn't need one. You just turned your gaze back to the graffiti in the concrete wall, standing at her side in the late hours of the evening under a bridge in the middle of the city.