{16} ENHYPEN - Jay Park - Fireflies 🌺

1088 words

~ Fluff ~

* TAGS: trip down memory lane, childhood lovers

The light breeze rustled the leaves on the trees, the patches of flowers adorning the grass dancing along

The light breeze rustled the leaves on the trees, the patches of flowers adorning the grass dancing along. The moon was making an appearance on the dark sky, the white aura surrounding it making it glow.

You breathed in deeply, tightening your hold on the arm you were currently wrapped around. A chuckle was heard above you, and you smiled at the sound.

"And you didn't even want to go outside." Jay said, voice amused. You sighed at his remark. "If you want me to tell you you were right, you can wait a long time."

The blonde next to you exhaled and looked away. "I know. You're too stubborn to admit something like that."

"It's a cute stubborn though." You retorted, smiling up at him and tugging at his arm a little, looking at him with big eyes. "Right?"

You could see he was trying, but Jay couldn't hide the smile that was forming on his face. He turned his head to look at you, leaning down and pressing a small kiss to your nose. "Right."

You giggled and looked back in front of you, holding on to his arm and moving to rest your head on his shoulder. Jay took a deep breath, and you could see the little cloud form as he breathed out.

You continued to walk like that. Walking on the small path that was made around the park, passing an elderly couple who were having a cup of coffee on a bench, enjoying the night sky together. The streetlights that stood next to the path brightened up the area a little, the soft yellow lights illuminating the way. You smiled, watching as some fireflies flew by, floating in the air.

"They're here for us." Jay said, dragging you out of your thoughts and pulling your arm to stop you from walking. You turned to him and frowned. "What do you mean?"

The blonde hummed, nodding to the group of fireflies. "The fireflies. Don't you remember?" He asked, smile falling slowly.

Your frown deepened, mind working to think of what he was referring to. Fireflies, there for you? You didn't understand that part, but when your memory took you back to that moment, more than ten years ago, it finally clicked.

How could you have forgotten?

~ Flashback ~

"Stop flying away!" You yelled, your small legs running to catch up with the small creatures.

Fireflies were flying all around you, and had drawn you away from the camper you and your parents were staying in. The light the creatures were producing had captured your attention, and you were desperate to catch one.

You ran into the forest deeper and deeper, the light of the moon being blocked by the tree tops above you and causing darkness all around you.

Even though you were only 6 years old, the dark didn't bother you. The lights of the fireflies was the only thing on your young mind right now. You wanted to capture one, show it to your parents and keep it.

When you ran past a big tree, not being able to see what was behind it but at the same time not caring, you felt something hit you. You lost your balance and stumbled to the ground.

"Oh- I'm sorry!" A voice said. You pushed yourself up from the ground, blinking and looking at the person who bumped into you. It was a boy, with brown messy hair falling over his forehead.

"Are you okay?" The boy asked, crouching down and reaching for your hand. You let him pull you up from the ground, and when you wanted to reply to him, a firefly flew by between you.

"There you are!" He then suddenly said, letting go of your hand and smiling brightly at the creature. "Now come here!" He continued, jumping and attempting to capture the bug in his hands.

You blinked,watching him as he did his best to get the firefly to come to him. "You followed them too?" You asked. The boy stopped jumping, turning around to you and nodding. "Yeah. I want to capture one for my friend!"

You smiled. "Me too! I want to catch one for my parents!" You told him. He stepped towards you then, eyes wide and smile on his face. "I never met someone who liked fireflies too. You can be my friend as well!"

You grinned, reaching to grab his hand and pulling him along towards the groups of fireflies. "Let's hurry then!"

~ End Of Flashback ~

"I do." You said, looking up and watching as the corner of his lips curved upwards. "You ran into me, literally." You chuckled.

Jay's smile returned as he laughed. "I really did, you hit the ground pretty hard."

You laughed with him, shaking your head. "I don't remember it hurting though. I was just surprised is all." You said, moving your hands from his arm to his bigger ones. "But I'm glad you knocked me over."

Jay raised an eyebrow. "You're glad a total stranger knocked you to the ground in the middle of the forest?"

"For the full hundred percent." You grinned. "Besides, you're not a stranger anymore."

At those words he grinned as well, looking down at you and gazing into your eyes. His lips twitched upwards, and he stepped closer to you, untangling his hands from yours and placing them on your waist.

"You know what?" He said, licking his lips. "I'm glad I ran into that brunette six year old little girl. And if I have to, I'd run into her again and again."

This time you were the one to raise your eyebrow. "You'd knock me over again?"

Jay hummed, leaning in so close his lips ghosted over yours. "I liked seeing you fall for me." He whispered, pressing his lips on your pillowy ones.

He kissed you gently, with one hand on your waist and the other on your cheek, holding your face close to his. You smiled onto it, opening up to him and fisting his coat in your hands.

Neither of you cared about that fact that you were still in public and anyone could see you. Just continued kissing under the moon and the stars, under a softly flickering streetlight, surrounded by countless of fireflies gently floating around the two of you.