Coneke: Rejoicing

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN SPIRIT ANIMALS

ABEKE'S POV

Abeke and Rollan leaned against the railing of the ship they boarded toward Eura. The rusty scent of old steel mingled with the salty smell of the sea, creating a strange odor, but Abeke didn't mind it one bit. All she cared about now was to see her friends Conor and Meilin again.

Rollan gave a big sigh next to her and Abeke suspected Rollan was having the same worries as her.

"Don't worry, Rollan. I'm sure Meilin misses you very much too," Abeke said in an attempt to calm him down.

Rollan's head jerked up at the mention of Meilin. "I miss her?! Not a chance. It's been awesome without her bossing me around," Rollan said hastily.

"For one, she looks at you the same way you look at her, like you were the one person that filled her world with light," Abeke continued with a mischievous smile on her face, completely ignoring Rollan.

"She does?!" Rollan said in surprise, completely forgetting about his act. "I...I mean come on, there's absolutely nothing happening between us," Rollan said, dramatically breaking the word "absolutely" into several small syllables.

"Yes, nothing happening except you two playing kissy face and all." Abeke countered calmly.

Rollan's cheeks reddened and he looked away, but with the ghost of a smile on his face.

Abeke silently giggled to herself. Then her mind wandered back to the person she had been thinking about all day.

Conor.

Last time she saw him, he'd been infected by the Wyrm, and his condition was getting worse. Abeke wondered how Conor was coping with it. Whatever will happen, she silently vowed to herself, she will always be there for him.

Conor's POV

Conor stood half a pace behind Meilin on the docks, waiting for the ship with Rollan and Abeke to come. Conor thought about them, how would they react if they knew about the awful things he done when he was under the Wyrm's control? Would they still want to be friends with him? Will they still trust him? Conor was beside himself with shame. He wanted to dig a hole in the ground, hide there, and never come out again.

Suddenly, they heard the bell of a ship coming into port. Meilin stepped forward eagerly, anticipation thrumming in her body. Conor took a deep breath. It's time to face them, he had to be strong.

Abeke's POV

Abeke easily distinguished Conor and Meilin standing on the docks waiting for them. With a whoop, she dashed down the ship as soon as it stopped and bowled into Conor, who stumbled, and after a moments hesitation, wrapped his arms around her, stayed in his embrace for a quiet moment, until Conor broke the silence.

"Abeke, why are you doing this?" his voice cracked on the words.

Abeke pulled away from Conor. "Doing what?" she said in bewilderment.

"Why are you still here...even after everything I've done?" Conor's eyes filled with shame.

Abeke stared at Conor in disbelief. "But you didn't do all those things, Conor. The Wyrm forced you to," she said in an almost pleading tone. Abeke didn't imagine the Wyrm's control would change the boy she loved so much. Right now, she just wanted the old Conor back.

Conor's voice rose, "Did you know what I did, Abeke? I joined the army of the Many, I fought our friends.i had my brain washed and do you know how awful an experience that was, believing in something you knew so so clearly was wrong?!" his voice grew louder and louder, until it was raw with his shame, than abruptly dropped into a whisper. "Sometimes I wonder how I even deserve you as a friend." His words broke Abeke's heart.

"No, Conor, don't feel that way. I won't forgive you if you give up on yourself that easily again," Abeke said fiercely. "You are the nicest, kindest, most caring person in the world I've ever met. You got rid of my frostbite in Arctica. You were the first person to accept me and and be friends with me when I switched sides with the Conquerors. You've been my supporter for I don't know how long. I'm lucky to have you. None of us have given up on you and will never give up on you, ever. So you can't just...give up on yourself. We've lost so many people we care about on our journey to save Erdas, but we've all moved on. Now, it's time for you to move on."

Without thinking, Abeke grabbed Conor's collar and pulled him close, crashing his lips into hers. Conor's eyes widened in surprise. When she finally pulled away they were both blushing furiously. Conor's ears were as red as beets.

"Ooh..." came a voice. Conor and Abeke turned around to find Meilin and Rollan looking at them in amazement. Meilin wore a smirk on her face, as if to say, "I told you they would get together one day." Rollan's mouth had fallen into a big, round, circular "o". Conor's blush furthered down his neck.

"Look who's playing kissy face now?!" Meilin said playfully.

"Oh, shut up Meilin." Abeke took Conor's hand and led him into the ship.

(ohh... a ship for Conor and Abeke...Did you guys get the pun? I just cant help myself LOL.)

Conor clasped her hand tighter. "I'll fight it. I'll be okay. I won't give up on myself."

Abeke smiled and rose on her tiptoes and kissed Conor on the cheek.

So...what do you think of my first Coneke story?