Chapter 1. Reilin

DISCLAIMER: I do not own spirit animals.

"Hey, are you okay?" Meilin asked, popping her head into Rollan's study room.

Meilin had been looking for Rollan in the giant Greencloak fortress, Greenhaven, for half an hour. They've just defeated the Conquerors and Meilin saw no reason for Rollan to be moping around in the castle at such a happy hour.

When Rollan didn't reply, she walked over to his side and smiled up at him,"What's up, bird brain?" she asked, lightly punching his shoulder.

Rollan glanced at her for an instant, then looked away, staring into the sunset. Meilin took one look at his face and immediately knew what he was thinking about.

"You're thinking about Tarik, aren't you?" she said softly.

Rollan slipped his hand into hers, and Meilin gripped it tight, offering him comfort.

"Do you think Tarik and Dorian would have been proud of me?" he asked in a whisper.

Meilin squeezed his hand, thinking about the two fallen Greencloaks sorrowfully.

"I know they will be. I know I am proud of you." Meilin said.

"Thank you for believing me." Rollan said.

"Hey, just remember, I will always be there for you." Meilin said warmly.

Rollan smiled, then he leaned in and kissed Meilin on the lips.

After they parted from the kiss, Rollan looked at Meilin and took her hand. She rested her head on his shoulder, then they gazed at the sunset together, hand in hand.