Chapter Three

(please see notes at end)

Allyssa always tended to show up a bit early to school. Today was no different. Waiting for the first period bell to end, her and Michael were hanging out under the stairway. It was a pretty quiet space, aside from some occasional passerby, so Allyssa wasn't worried about anyone hearing this story.

"Yo, Monster is actually so good," she told Michael. "My friend bought me some. Shit got me high as hell, like, I was laughing and doing stupid stuff all over the place. My English teacher asked me why my eyes were so red. Like, bitch, leave me alone. I'm high."

"Woah..." Michael never took the Allyssa he met in history class to be the kind of girl to do stuff like that. "I thought you were a good girl, babe."

"I was, but...being with you turned me bad." She just wasn't like those other girls. She did hard drugs like Monster Energy and CBD chocolates and said bad words. She never did any of that before she started going out with Michael.

Michael bit his lip. As they were both moving in, their dry lips about to meet, Calum came running around the corner. He narrowly missed running into the wall and falling, slamming his face on the ground and possibly breaking his teeth. Do you guys ever think about that? Like, accidentally falling and breaking your teeth? It's that easy. This is something I struggle with every day. I can't even turn a corner without putting my hand over my mouth.

"Guys!" Calum panted. "There's a fight in the atrium!"

"Sounds like some free entertainment. Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Allyssa didn't have to answer. She took Michael's hand and they ran after Calum, following him to the school's atrium.

"You're a bitch, Randy!" Amberlynn shrieked at her nemesis. Chunks of Cheesecake Factory orange chicken flew out of her teeth and landed on Randy's face. They wiped it away with their hand and flicked it back at Amberlynn, only for her to catch it in her mouth.

"At least-" Randy gagged at the sight of Amberlynn Reid. They didn't want to fight her. It would be instant death for anyone, should the 500lb hambeast decide to hit them with a move akin to Yokozuna's Banzai Drop. "At least I'm not in love with my ex while being engaged to someone else! You fat whore!"

The crowd gasped, some even laughing at Randy's words. Amberlynn was, admittedly, a terrible person. Randy was right on the money when they said that Amberlynn was still in love with her ex girlfriend. And she'd done worse, too. Not to mention her horrific writing, which is available on the account @helloodaarling. But Allyssa couldn't help feeling bad for her. She felt a kinship with Amberlynn. They were both just misunderstood girls, alone in this big world with not many others to truly open up to.

Allyssa stood in front of Amberlynn, shielding her from Randy. "You know, you're one to talk, calling other people whores."

The crowd was gasping once more. Angelina, who materialized out of thin air for plot reasons, grabbed Allyssa by the shoulder. "Ally, don't-!"

Randy scoffed. "Yeah, whatever. At least I'm not dating some dirty gothic weirdo."

Allyssa's fists balled up at her sides. Now, they'd gone too far. Michael wasn't even anything near goth! "That's it!"

The crowd, knowing what was coming, got their phones out. Because that's what you do when you're in high school. You do not help them. You film them for Internet Points. You didn't care about the black eye that Allyssa definitely just gave to Randy, or the lock of greasy hair they just ripped out of Allyssa's head. What mattered was that it was entertaining, like you were at a live filming of Jerry Springer. Alas, all good things must come to an end, and soon enough, the two were pulled apart and dragged off to the dean's.

Allyssa found her friend group waiting for her when she finally got out. "Allyssa!" Angelina was the first one to approach her when she got out of the office. "Are you okay? That was crazy! Are you in trouble?"

Allyssa, keeping up the confidence that the fight gave her, just shrugged it off. "Three days of in school suspension. No big deal."

"What?" Amber asked. "You got suspended over that? Oh my god, I'm, like, so sorry, queen! I owe you! We should go to Torrid together! And then maybe for lunch we can go to Chili's-"

"It's really not a big deal. Don't worry about it." Allyssa wasn't doing it for her own gain or so people would pay attention to her (although it did make a nice bonus). She was doing it because she cared. Contrary to popular belief, she did care about other people.

"Well...is there any other way we could say thanks?" Amberlynn asked.

"I think just a hug would be fine." Without warning, they all brought her into a group hug. Allyssa was shocked, as very few people dared to show her this much affection! "Guys!" She choked out, squeezed from the strong embrace. "Too tight!"

notes:

hi please read these notes

in discussing the direction of the original story with btsexcuseme94, she decided to cut a few scenes. that's why there's a sudden time skip at the beginning. it's not my work, so i don't want to create my own canon for it. so, please do not complain to me about any plot/logical inconsistencies. i'm simply trying to enhance the experience of the original material.

except for adding amberlynn reid to the story. i did that on my own accord and i am not sorry.