Chapter Five

Allyssa was initially nervous about introducing her daughter to Michael. It wasn't about him, as she knew that he would accept it all. It was about Allyson. "Ally," Allyssa beckoned her daughter, who I often have trouble differentiating due to their similar names. "Can you say 'hi' to Michael?" The little girl just blinked at him. "It's okay. He's nice!" She still wouldn't say anything to him. Allyssa sighed. She's getting older- she'll be three next year- yet she really is falling behind in terms of talking.

Michael, who was desperate to get out of the room, sighed in relief when he got a phone call. "I'll just-"

"Who is it?" Allyssa asked.

"Oh, I don't know, I don't have them saved as a contact. I'll be right back, let me-"

"Answer it!"

Dammit. "Uh, alright." He sat back down and reluctantly answered the phone with his spectators. "Hello?"

"Hi!" An eccentric voice yelled back at him. Michael impulsively jerked his phone away from his ear. "Are you Michael?"

He didn't recognize that voice. He was confident in it, because he wouldn't be able to forget someone this annoying. "Who is this?"

"Jimmy Uri- I mean, Jimmy Star. I own a really big record label. I was wondering if you'd like to come over here- drink a lot of water before you do- and, uh, use the studio. Just you and me...in the studio..."

Michael can smell bullshit from a mile away. "That's so odd. A producer has never called me directly. Wouldn't you want to call my manager first? Or the whole band? Also, what record label is it? I'm pretty sure record labels and studios are different. Do you own a studio, too?"

"Uh..." Jimmy was panting on the other end. "Mmm... oh... I just wanted to meet with you... alone... I'll provide refreshments... lots of refreshments... ah..." Michael heard some very familiar sounds in the background. No, come on. Who gets off on this? "There's no bathrooms here. But...if you have to go, well, I guess you'll have to use my-"

"Okay, goodbye." Michael hung up, promptly hitting the block button for that contact.

"Who was that?" Allyssa asked, noting his discomfort.

"Jimmy Urine." Michael has heard about this scam before. Fellow musicians get calls from "Jimmy Star" claiming to be a producer. They enter the studio completely oblivious, and leave without their dignity.  Michael wouldn't have fallen for it anyway, but he was still worried about other musicians. Imagine, a band wants to produce their first record, only to get conned into pissing in a guy's mouth!

"Jimmy... what?" Before she could get a response, her doorbell rang. Now, who could that be? She didn't think she invited anyone else over. As she drew nearer to the door, she smelled the faint scent of whiskey. Oh, she forgot he was coming. She reluctantly opened the door.

"Where's Allyson?" The scruffy-looking man demanded before Allyssa could even say hello. "Court says I gotta watch her this weekend. Where's she at?"

Allyssa glanced behind her. Allyson was looking back, glancing between her two parents with fear in her eyes. It always pained Allyssa to do this. But, like he said, it's the court's orders. She went over to get Allyson. The toddler whined as Allyssa picked her up. "I know," she whispered, "it's only for a few days."

Allyson cried and screamed bloody murder like a really bad black metal vocalist as she was handed off. It hurt Allyssa's heart, and it hurt Michael's ears, but the father wasn't even fazed by it. "Try not to forget to pick her up this time," he asked, then turned and left before Allyssa could remind him that he was the one who often forgot to pick Allyson up.

She turned around and sat back on the couch. "Who was that?" Michael asked, breaking the silence.

"That's Anthony. He's Allyson's father." He may have helped create her, but he was far from a father. "I've tried to get full custody, but his parents are filthy rich and always get the best lawyers. I'm scared Allyson will resent me when she's older for letting him win. I'm a horrible mother."

"Hey, don't say that," Michael quickly urged. "You're only eighteen. You're doing the best you can. In fact, I think you're doing great for who you are." Her age, combined with her intellect, made it so that parenting should be quite the challenge. The fact that Allyson was alive and well was above what would be expected from her!

"You...you think so?"

"Of course I do. And if there's anything you can't do, I'll try my best to help. I wanna be there for both of you."

•••

notes:

end of this chapter is kinda sloppy bc i cant write endings 😳 anyway i hope you enjoyed. writing about jimmy urine begging michael clifford to piss on him was exhilarating. i apologize if that's out of character for michael tho. if you are a 5sos fan and think that michael would piss all over jimmy urine upon request, please correct me and i'll edit this chapter to reflect that <3