111

it was finally over for jisung.

no more pain, no more suffering. it all just went black as he felt himself crash against the ocean waves that were like cement against his fragile body.

after a moment of the darkness, a bright light began to shine in his eyes.

i'm meant to be dead... please don't tell me i survived... jisung thought to himself as he began to gain consciousness again.

"sungie," a voice said, a warm friendly voice, "jisung!"

the voice sounded so far away, yet so close at the same time. jisung rubbed his eyes and opened them to see a boy running towards him.

but it wasn't just any boy, it was minho. his boy. the only boy he ever needed.

"minho..." jisung looked at the boy with all the adoration in his eyes.

"jisung, whatre you doing here?" minho asked frantically.

"i should ask you the same thing. how are you not dead?" jisung asked as he put his hand out to touch minho.

"i am dead," as minho said this, jisungs hand went right through the boys figure.

"w-what..."

"that's why i need to know why you're here jisung. you're not supposed to be dead. you're supposed to be alive." minho felt the tears well in his eyes.

"it's okay minho, i feel better now." jisung said as he let out a sigh of relief.

"but jisung, youre dead. you're here. stuck with me." minho felt himself begin to shake. he thought death was supposed to be peaceful, but this felt far from that.

"being stuck with you doesnt seem like such a bad thing to me." jisung smiled as he moved closer to minho. he went to lean into the boy, but forgot they were now just two souls, and he ultimately went right through minho.

"we can't be together here. we're in purgatory jisung." minho explained.

"i've been stuck here trying to find a way out, but i don't think i have one." minho frowned.

"then i don't have one either, im still here." jisung shrugged.

"jisung, that's not how it works." minho shook his head.

"you've been dead all of five minutes, what do you know?"

"i know more than you," he sighed, "we can't touch in purgatory because you don't belong here. we're not from the same world anymore."

"what does that mean min?" jisung asked, his eyes welling as he feared separation from minho.

"you probably made it to heaven, i guess i didn't." minho sighed.

"i don't even believe in heaven, how can i make it to somewhere i don't even believe in." jisung explained through a bit of laughter.

"jisung, how did you die?" minho asked.

"how do you think i died?" jisung responded, not wanting to admit to what he did.

"i think you killed yourself." minho stated, and jisung fell silent. he didn't respond and he didn't look at minho.

"so i'm right? you took your own life?" minho questioned.

"min—"

"jisung, what if you go to hell?" minho questioned, "what will happen then?"

"minho stop it. i did it to be at peace, not to worry more. please stop, i don't feel the pain anymore. i'm not sad anymore. i feel good for once." jisung smiled at minho.

"jisung, suicide isn't the answer, you need to live. just wake up." minho told the boy.

"this isn't a dream minho. it's not like i took pills or tried to bleed myself out... i jumped off a bridge minho. i'm gone, just like you." jisung explained to the boy in a bit too graphic of detail.

"jisung, i never wanted this for you."

"i never wanted this for you either. you died coming to see me."

"it's not your fault jisung."

"it feels like it's my fault," jisung admitted, "i couldn't live without you minho... i know it sounds dumb, but the only time i feel happy is when i'm with you. i love you minho."

jisung leaned foward, forgotten that they were in purgatory, but this time, he was able to rest is forehead against minho's.

"i can feel you," jisung said softly as he raised his head off of minho and looked into the boys eyes.

jisung began to slowly lean in and planted his lips gently against minhos.

their lips moved in sync for a beautiful moment. each boy forgot where they were, and just enjoyed that soft yet passionate touch.

"this is our afterlife minho, let's make it what we want it to be." jisung said as he pulled away reluctantly from minhos soft lips.

"you don't think we're stuck in purgatory?" minho questioned with furrowed eyebrows.

"i think you're stuck with me, and you can either make this your heaven or your hell." jisung stated as he smirked a little at the boy.

"if im stuck with you then im definitely in heaven," minho smiled.

"i guess that whole stigma around gays being bad and all those claims that we'd burn in hell were false." jisung joked.

"don't jinx us please." minho laughed as he intertwined his fingers with jisungs.

"sorry," jisung muttered as he and minho continued to laugh.

"peace at last." jisung then let out a breath of relief as the two unknowingly walked into the brightest light of all.

the light that led them to the other side. the better side.

they finally would not feel any more pain or hate in their hearts. all they would feel is the peace and love they got from being in eachothers presence.

that was all they ever really needed, eachother.

the end.

a.n.

wasn't exactly what i pictured for this chapter but i hope it's still ok:/

anywayyyyy

thank you guys so so much for reading and showing so much love and support on this story

i feel as though this story was written while my writing was really changing so the beginning has such a different writing style than the end... sorry about that!

also i'm gonna explain what the other ending would've been cause i want yall to know what you chose/ didn't choose

alt ending: minho goes to see jisung. jisung chooses to stay in malaysia with his mother to take care of her (she was originally gonna be so sweet) and he feels he just needs to stay home for a bit.

he ends things with minho to set him free and to not burden him with waiting for jisungs return.

minho however would say no matter what he would wait for jisung, it wouldn't even be a choice, he would just do it and jisung and him would share one final moment at the airport before he returns to korea.

both were kinda sad endings i guess GSISNJD sorry

i hope you enjoyed though and thank you again for reading!!!❤️❤️