thirty-three || playing with fire *

the song for this chapter is "Mind Games," by mike. :)

Harry

The extra room in my pants was growing infinitely smaller with each second that passed as I clutched Finley's small hand in mine and navigated my way through the crowds of people.

I took a look behind me to see that little bitch Allister still gawking at us, more specifically, at Finley's ass as we walked away. I simply smirked and flipped him off, causing his face to get red, and he tried to avert his gaze quickly, shifting them down to the glass in his hands that was growing emptier and emptier each time I looked at him.

He could look all he wanted, but I was the one who got to fuck her tonight.

I wish that I could confidently say that every ounce of jealousy that I displayed towards Allister tonight was all part of the act, but I couldn't.

Finley did an amazing job keeping her act up, especially for it being her first assignment. And truthfully, her going to dance with him did make putting the watch back on his wrist much easier. But that didn't mean that I liked the way she arched her back against him or the way that his hands greedily clung to her hips.

I almost lost it when I watched her suck that spilled champagne off of her finger. Every fiber of my being wanted to march over there, shove Allister out of the way, and toss her onto the bartop and fuck her right there.

Maybe it's because we were both being so pleasant to each other this evening. Maybe it was because I had a few drinks in me. Maybe it was the way that her dress clung to her skin in all of the right places, or the way that she had chosen to not wear a bra, that one really threw me for a loop too.

I don't know what it was, and quite frankly, I really didn't fucking care.

Right now, all I cared about was finding the nearest room and giving Finley a little reminder of who fucks her better than any other mediocre asswipe ever could.

I pulled my phone out of my coat pocket with my free hand, sending a quick text to Leo that I had retrieved the microchip. Where did I store it, you ask? Well, I decided to take a page out of Allister's own book, and I placed it in a broken watch just as he did. Clever, I know.

I kept my eyes focused in front of me, and made sure to keep Finley close behind me.

The song "Mind Games," by mike. began to play loudly. The bass rattled up through the soles of my feet as I marched through the crowd, shrugging off every drunken stranger, and flirty gaze cast my way, my attention solely focused on the girl trailing behind me and fucking her senseless.

I weaved us through the masses and sighed in relief when the staircase to the upper levels of the house finally came into view.

Just like every party, there was undercover security by the staircase, meant to keep any threats to our organization from meddling in our business.

I didn't recognize one of the men, and it appeared that the feeling was mutual, as he swiftly stepped in front of me, attempting to block me from ascending up the staircase.

"You can't go upstairs without clearance," he spoke confidently.

Yep. This fucker's definitely new around here.

Finley stayed silent right behind my shoulder, her small hand still clasped in mine.

I chuckled and felt my lips spreading into a smirk, my teeth on display as my tongue glided over them in annoyance.