twenty-three || hindsight is a son of a bitch

the song for this chapter is "Dead Man Walking," by Chuxx Morris :)

***********

Shackle and chains.
Straight to the grave, buried alive.
Rattle the cage.
Woah, dead man walking.
So lock your door, lock your door.
There ain't no way to go.
Danger follows you home.
Woah, dead man walking.

***********

Finley

    The entire drive back to our house, I chose to let Lars and Willa lead the conversation. Anytime that there was a lull of silence, I would just ask further questions on whatever we had been discussing. I was doing anything and everything that I could to completely take the attention off of me, and to put it back onto them.

    Only for about thirty seconds did we discuss Harry and I sleeping together. I faked an excited tone and gushed about how good the sex was, which was annoyingly true. But what I didn't choose to reveal, was that he had debated whether or not to kill me the morning after.

    Clearly, I was still pretty shaken up by that little encounter. And how does one even go about explaining to their best friends that their one-night stand just so happened to be a murderer?

   When we got back home, I ran upstairs and jumped in the shower. I don't know how long I was in there, but it was long enough for Willa to come banging on the door in order to make sure that I was still alive and that I wasn't completely draining our house of hot water.

   Reluctantly, I got out of the shower and put on some sweats, immediately going to crawl underneath my covers and burrow in there for a while.

    But the thing about living with your best friends is that "alone time" was a concept that was nearly impossible to grasp.

   No sooner had I slumped my head against the pillow did my bedroom door swing open, revealing Lars and Willa, arms linked, and goofy grins on their faces, who quickly made themselves at home in my bed.

   "Please, come in," I laughed sarcastically as my body was practically shoved to the other side of the bed in order to make room for them. 

   "We will," Willa replied very matter of factly, snuggling her head against my shoulder, Lars going to spoon her, both of them staring up at me like two little lost puppies. 

    "Is there something I can help you with?" I chuckled, raising an eyebrow at them.

  "You could pull up your laptop and let us watch Vikings," Lars shrugged, biting back a smile.

    I rolled my eyes. "Oh, I see. So you guys don't really wanna hang with me, you just wanna hang with my Hulu account," I sighed, pretending to be hurt, sitting up and scooting Willa off of me for a moment so that I could lean forward and grab my laptop from its place on the end of my bed.

  "No, no, of course not," Willa scoffed, but when I stared at her with disbelief, I apparently took too long, as she decided to reach forward and tap on top of my computer, her silent way of telling me to hurry the fuck up and pull up Vikings.

   I just shook my head and smiled, obliging to her silent request and opening up my laptop, quickly typing in my account information on Hulu, and pressing resume on the episode we had last left off on.