twenty-seven || would you like to come to the gym?

the song for this chapter is Rock and Roll Glitter Part II, by Gary Glitter :)

Finley

Much to my disappointment, I wasn't able to convince Harry to let me sleep in one of the numerous unoccupied bedrooms last night. I don't blame him, as even though I had verbally sworn to behave and not try anything, I had already been scanning his room for anything I could possibly grab that I could use to pick a lock or pry open a window as soon as I was left unattended.

To show my disdain at his refusal to comply with my request, I used the decorative pillows on his bed as a sort of wall between us, stuffing them down underneath the sheets until I was sure that even if I rolled around in the middle of the night, our bodies would never come in contact with each other.

When I had done so, he had just scoffed and rolled his eyes, slipping under the sheets with his back towards me, as we silently tried to fall asleep, doing our best to ignore each other's presence.

I must have been right when I guessed that Lars and Willa would be happy that I was with Harry, as they hadn't utilized having my location to send a troop of cop cars my way to rescue me. Tragic.

I think that if I had to guess, I slept probably two hours last night, none of which was consistent. I would drift off for about ten or fifteen minutes, lie awake for another hour or an hour and a half, and then repeat the cycle until I woke up from the sun streaming in from the windows which Harry had forgotten to block out with the curtains before drifting off to sleep.

I was less fearful that Harry would kill me, as I knew, at least for now, that he couldn't, even if he so desperately wanted to. But that didn't stop me from worrying about what my future now held. I wondered how I would ever explain this to Lars and Willa, or if I would even be allowed to. I wondered what horrific tasks I would be required to complete. I wondered if I would ever make it out of this alive, and most of all, I wondered if Harry was going to be an angel compared to the other people that he worked with.

I knew that eventually, I would have to learn to accept this, even if I wasn't okay with it. I knew that I had to come to terms with the fact that this was now my life, and that no amount of worry and tears would change that. But even knowing this, it didn't make the acceptance process any easier.

As my eyes squinted against the bright morning sunlight, I cautiously propped myself up on my elbow to peer over the pillow wall that I had constructed. A sigh of relief fell off of my lips as I found that Harry's side of the bed was empty.

I glanced around the room and frowned when I saw that the bathroom door was wide open, meaning that Harry wasn't in there either.

I pushed the covers off of my body, tugging up the large sweatpants Harry had given me to wear along with another one of his t-shirts. It was an orange t-shirt with some illustration of a cat on it, and as he gave it to him, I couldn't help but wonder why someone like him had such an exquisite collection of vintage t-shirts.

The sweatpants were heavily worn, the fabric pilling up on the surface from years of being washed and dried, and they were a dark navy color.

I went into the bathroom and thoroughly brushed my teeth and gently cleansed my face, not bothering to shower as I already had the night before, just so that I could avoid Harry for a little while longer.

My head turned towards the bedroom door when I suddenly registered the sound of music playing from somewhere else in the house.

I walked out of the bathroom and grabbed my sneakers and socks, slipping them on, and pattered my way over to the bedroom door, my hand landing hesitantly on the door handle.