|ℱ𝑜𝓊𝓇|

𝒜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓃𝒶

I didn't wake up early, and I did make the cake. I was angry with him, why is he so cryptic and mean?

"You seem upset this morning Princess. What is wrong? I thought you were making him a cake."
Phil stood in the doorway.

"May we go sailing today, I heard the island of Whales is near here and wish to see it."
I change the subject.

He seemed to understand, nodding.
"Put on layers, it is cold and you seem to freeze easy. I will tell him we are leaving for a bit."

I didn't want him to yell Techno, but that would get us both in trouble and I would rather not deal with him right now, so I just nod silently, looking into the vanity mirror once more.

Would it hurt him if I took it off? Probably not. I am nothing but a pawn to him..

I decide to take off the necklace, setting it down on top of the vanity and stood to fetch a thick cloak.

Technoblade barged into the room-
"Why are you asking Phil to take you out to sea?"

I startled, looking at him in shock.
"Because you always say no! It is just to go to Whale island!"

"The sea is dangerous!"
He seemed to notice I wasn't wearing the necklace he had gotten me, and his eyes looked to the vanity, his eyes seemed to soften a bit, saddened.
"Just be careful.."

He then left.

Did this actually upset him? Why was he being like this?

---

"You know, he is trying his best not to get attached to you right?"
Phil spoke up as he navigated the smaller scales boat, I sat on the ground next to the wheel,
"Since you are engaged and he has to return you."

"Well he should just either be nice or mean to me because the mix of both is starting to hurt."
I grumbled, hugging my knees into my chest.

"He can't help it..just about another weeks time and you will be back with your family and betrothed and will probably never have to see and deal with him again."

"But I-"
What am I about to say?

"Hmm? I mean, you could always just decide to join us. Though, you have seemed a bit on edge lately."

"Schlatt wants me dead."
I admit.
"He was arguing with Techno last night and I heard a bit of it.."

"We are getting rid of him soon, he causes too many problems."
Phil reassured me.

"Oh okay..he just seemed dangerous, like he could betray us."
Why am I talking like I am one of them?

"Us? So you don't hate it with us after all."
Phil chuckled.
"You know..you don't have to go back. Being a "pirate" is a very free lifestyle. Are you marrying that guy because you want to? Or is it arranged?"

"Arranged..but, don't you guys need the money to get your friend back?"
I look up at Phil.

"If you want to stay with us, we can make up a plan to trick them into giving us the money first and then leaving."

Phil was really smart, no wonder he was Technoblade's right hand man.

"Techno and I have been fighting so much though..do you really think he would let me stay?"

"You would be surprised. Maybe then he wouldn't argue with you so much and actually open up to you."

I nod, looking up at the beautiful island we were approaching.

"Do you want freedom or do you want something else?"
Phil sat next to me after the anchor was lowered.

"I want freedom, but I feel something else may be apart of it, I just don't know what that something else is.."
I narrow my eyes down at my hands in my lap in thought.

"My wife was the same way, but she figured it out, and now she couldn't be happier. You will find out what you want, you just have to be patient."
He patted my shoulder and stood to his feet, walking to the ramp that was lowered to the sand.
"Come on, you wanted to come here, rather than worrying, take a mental break and enjoy the island."

I gave Phil a smile and walk to the ramp, reaching the sand I kicked off my sandals off and feel the warm sand beneath my feet as I walked along the shore.

"When I first met Technoblade when he was a teen, I took him here, he loves this island."

"He has good taste."
I agreed.

---

When we got back around midnight, I sat in front of my vanity and put the necklace back on, I wasn't going to get upset with Technoblade anymore.

I guess being a princess, I got used to everyone doing anything I wanted, I was getting upset with Techno for no good reason, which is a bit embarrassing when I think about it.

He has just been trying his best to keep me safe and comfortable..

A knock came at the door, pausing my train of thought.
"Come in."

Technoblade was the one who came in, quietly, and he sat on the edge of my bed looking at me through the vanity mirror.

"Did you have fun?"
I couldn't tell what he was thinking.

"Mhm. Phil is a great navigator too so we never got lost or put in danger."

He nods, the air was awkward and we fell into silence.

"Phil told me that you were considering staying with us."
I turn and look at him directly in the eyes after he said that.
"It isn't as fun as you think it is..being a pirate."

"It seems better than living a written life."
I cross my arms,

Technoblade's eyes seemed to fall to my neck, on the necklace I had put back on.
"Are you sure you want to stay with us?"

"Yes."