Chapter 11

I was running through the dark woods, a large fenrir chasing after me. Its gray hair was visible through the thin tree trunks. I could feel its paws thudding on the ground behind me. My feet started to burn as I pushed myself harder. I wasn't going to let it get me. I wiped off the sweat that formed on my forehead with the back of my hand. Just keep running.

After what felt like hours I finally came to a large building. Its gray walls were cold and unwelcoming, but I ran inside anyways. I slammed the door shut behind me, locking it quickly. The ferocious animal outside pounded on the door, trying to get in. I was finally safe.

Fear pounded through me still as I turned and started to wander the spacious room. A glowing red ball sat in the middle. A misty substance was floating around inside it. "It's called the Marharajah," said a deep voice behind me.

I spun around to see who it was, no one was there. I turned back around and walked towards what the voice had called the Marharajah. "Quite beautiful eh?" Once again I searched the room for someone. A tall figure stepped out of the shadow and approached me. I shook with fear as he came closer to me. "Don't be afraid young child, nothing will harm you here. May I ask what your name is?"

My mouth quivered as I slowly opened it. "Xavier," I said softly. He circled around me looking at me from top to bottom. The only noise heard was my panting from the long escape.

"You seem young to be on your own small one, where is your family?" A tear streamed down my face as he stood there, waiting for an answer.

"They're dead." My head spun as I thought of it for the first time. They had only died moments ago because of the same animal that was chasing me.

"Oh you poor boy." His eyes pretended to look sad as he walked behind me. "The only way I can help you, is to tell you to touch that circular ball right there." He pointed to the Marharajah. I looked back at him wondering what he meant. "It will take away all the pain my dear child, everything will be fixed. You will be happy once more." I turned my head back to the Marharajah. It'll fix everything huh?

Steadily, I walked towards it. Reaching out my hand, I touched what I thought would be glass, but instead my hand stuck right into the misty goo. Before I could even scream, everything was pitch black.

₪ ↭ ₪

I sat up terrified with beads of sweat forming by my hairline. That had been one of the worst dreams I'd ever had, and it had seemed so... real. I looked over to see if I had awaken Azaria in my panic. Luckily, she was still sound asleep. The cold breeze felt good on my burning hot face.

I swiftly stood up and walked around. Why were all these weird dreams appearing all of the sudden? It had started when I first met Azaria. Was it because of her, or was it because this was the first time I'd been outside the castle since I can remember.

Nothing made sense anymore. I wasn't sure if life would ever make sense again.