Chapter 9

I had no idea someone so joyful could have such a horrid past. The sky was pitch black now, but I still couldn't stop thinking about it. "I'm sorry that I asked," I said in a hushed tone.

"Don't be sorry Azaria, you couldn't have known that it was like that." I scooted in front of him so that I could look into his eyes.

I knelt there quietly searching for words, but all I could say was, "You sure?" He nodded his head in reply, but his eyes said differently. He looked like a wounded baby werewolf.

He looked down at his hands, hiding the fact that he was on the verge of tears. Slowly I reached out and grasped his hands. I placed my head right in front of his, close enough that our foreheads touched. "I'll always love you, no matter what you've been through, or what you've done, you deserve more than being forgotten." The words slipped out of my mouth before I even realized I was speaking.

He looked up at me with a tear rolling down his face. He leaned into me, kissing me.

Automatically my hands slid around his neck, but before they got all the way around he pulled back. "I can't do this," I barely heard him say. He quickly got up. Angrily, Xavier walked away, kicking tree branches that were lying dead on the floor.

I thought girls were supposed to be the complicated ones! I let myself fall onto my back with a thud.

My head spun as I tried to figure it out. I had fallen for a stupid boy who confused me more than anything else! Yet, I wasn't angry at him. I stared at the stars and thought only of Xavier. Maybe one day I would figure out if he liked me, but right now I was only focusing on the task ahead. Fixing what Ganon had done.