Chapter 7

Landing with a light bump, Xavier jumped off the griffin quickly. After he helped me off he pointed to a gigantic stone castle that poked out above the trees. "That's a lot larger than I expected. How did it take you so long to find it," I asked.

"Well when we first checked to see if Ganon was there and he wasn't, but then a year later we checked again and BAM! There he was." He said it sarcastically as he started through the thick trees. I followed closely behind.

Slowly we pushed our way towards the building. "So what's your plan?" His question caught me off guard. I had no idea. I hadn't even thought about it.

"Umm... find Ganon?" And with that he doubled over in a fit of laughter.

"So that's what you have? That'll get you absolutely nowhere! Actually it will get you killed," He said in between laughs. The griffin, who had followed us, purred along like he was laughing also.

"Well if you think you're such a smarty then why don't you come up with the plan?" He paused, looking at me. His face was serious, but you could tell he was just trying to be funny. He paced back and forth in front of me, stroking his chin.

Small giggles escaped me and he grinned as he said, "I say, that we, which is you and me, not the griffin," he pointed to the creature behind me, "Sneak through one of the back windows, find the source of power, and destroy everything!" On the last word he threw his hands up in the air. I leaned against a pine tree so that I wouldn't fall on my butt from laughing so hard. He also busted into laughter as he stumbled over to me. "Okay that wasn't a very good plan," he said, "But, I have a real plan!" He laughed before he said, "How 'bout I go in since I actually know what I'm doing, and you stay out here and make friends with a lonely griffin I just named Flynn?"

My mouth dropped as he stared at me intently. "I don't think so mister!" His smile shined brighter than I'd ever seen before. "I say we go with your first idea."

He laughed and nodded his head. "I thought you might say that."

We started through the woods again in silence, glancing at each other every once in a while. My heart went crazy when I was with him, and even when he barely touched me I got light-headed. I didn't know what spell he'd used on me, but it sure was amazing.