1. A Little Girl Who Doesn't Talk

Disclaimer: Since this is a fanfiction, I do not own the Legend of Korra characters nor the universe. However, I do own the original characters and the plot. Any use of the characters or the story without my permission is not allowed.

A/N: Ok, now, let's start this again. As some of you know, there is a copy of this story on Wattpad (right here: https://www.wattpad.com/story/187490325-the-girl-in-the-street) but the so-called author is a fraud. I am the real author and I originally posted this story on Archive of Our Own for Korrasami week 2017. It was for "Day 7 - Family". It took me three years to finish it and let's say I felt quite angry when I noticed someone stole it. And as much as I don't like Wattpad, someone asked me to publish it here, so I will. Besides, I count on all of you to read this version, which is the true version, and report the other story. ALL the stories published by thelastdoctorcola12 and doctorcola12 are copies and were stolen from other authors. So, please, don't go there.

As for other useful pieces of information, as you already know, I don't like Wattpad (and even less now...), so that's why you will find many more stories on my FFnet and AO3 accounts. I'll only post The Girl in the Street and maybe the related stories.

And the stories that I posted on Wattpad are in French because I am French. So, all the weird things and the little mistakes are because I'm not done with my studies as a translator (and also because human beings make mistakes). I took a beta along the way (and he was also angry someone stole his work), but you'll have to bear with me until chapter 26. (Oh, and since I'm French, there obviously is a French version of it under the name La Fille dans la rue, that is on FFnet and AO3, in case anyone is interested.)

Last thing: I'll need a bit of time to post all of the story, because it's quite long. I'll copy the version that is on AO3, with the author's notes that are there as long as they are relevant.

Ok, I'm done with the boring talk. Now, enjoy!

Lion

Korra and Asami had decided not to have any child. Well... decided... People might say that it wasn't really a choice.

The thing was, Asami being the CEO of Future Industries and Korra being the Avatar, they were already struggling to have a balanced relationship at the same time as a balanced world. They could not possibly ruin a child's life. They could not sacrifice someone's happiness for theirs. Or at least, that was what they tried think.

After all, they were each other family and they were happy this way. That was the case for Asami. She had no family left. She had just Korra and their friends. Maybe it was enough. Maybe it was not...

She remembered when she was younger dreaming of having a child. But that was years ago! Now, she had a powerful company, which needed her, a powerful wife she loved deeply, but who was always needed.

Plus, when she had been a naive, young girl, she hadn't pictured ending up with another woman, nor with the Avatar... It kind of hadn't really gone the way she had imagined it. But it wasn't a problem! Like, it wasn't a problem at all! She was happy and it was what mattered the most. But sometimes, she thought it would be a different kind of happiness to have a child to take care of... It would be a different family.

For Korra, it was a bit different. Well, actually, she had never really thought about it. The only thing she had been obsessed by, when she had been younger, was being the Avatar.

And then... then, she had tried to find love too, but it was not her duty. It kind of had fallen on her. And she was really glad it had! After all, she was not quite sure she would have managed to be where she was without Asami by her side. Well, of course there were her other friends, but Asami was Asami.