T H R E E

May

May

The thought of my mother being alive the entire time made me uneasy. How could this be? That wasn't possible, was it? I was so young when she died. One day she was alive and waving goodbye to me as I left for a sleepover at a friend's house and she was gone the next. It made me furious my father knew about this entire time and had kept it from me.

"She's alive?" Not wanting to believe it and wanting to make sure I wasn't hearing things.

My father nodded his head. "Yes, for all intense and purposes we did think she was dead. However, one of her aliases and some offshore accounts she was connected with became active almost three years ago."

That's when it all clicked with me. That day when I went to that financial services building in Burbank. I remember that clearly because I had lied to Harry about wanting to go on holiday there so Niall and my father wouldn't be suspicious. I'm guessing my father already knew. "Oh my god. Let me guess. Her name was Alondra Madison?"

I didn't even have to wait for my father to confirm as I already knew that was the correct answer. My father did a sharp nod with his head. "Yes." By this point, my father had pulled out of the parking spot and had been driving on the busy New York streets for a few minutes now. I hadn't a clue where we were going.

"H-how is that even possible? You told me they found her body." I scoffed. Zayn had just been sitting there, silent as he didn't want to get in the middle of my father and I's fighting. That was the best thing he could do at that moment.

"Cecilia, I lied." Of course, he did. I gave him a look through the rearview mirror for him to explain more. "There were always rumors that she might have faked her death. Especially when law enforcement was closing in on her. However, we could never prove it until recently."

"Wait, what does law enforcement has to do with this?" I was confused. The mother I grew up with was just your regular stay at home mom. Always going out of her way for her child.

I noticed my father nodded his head. Which told me Zayn had something he needed to share. I turned to look at Zayn as I saw him pulling out a folder, he opened it and handed it to me. What I saw in front of me shocked me to my core.

Carlotta Esposito

D.O.B: 10/27/1970

Birth Place: Lazio, Italy

Is the youngest of five children

The second and youngest daughter of the head of the Banda Crime Family

IS WANTED IN 30 COUNTRIES FOR MURDER AND KIDNAPPING

IS A KNOWN ASSASSIN AND IS ARMED AND VERY DANGEROUS

FLUENT IN 15 LANGUAGES