O N E

When I awoke once more I saw I was still in the hospital room

When I awoke once more I saw I was still in the hospital room. I laid my head back as the overwhelming feeling of sadness overcame me. It wasn't a frightful dream. I didn't magically wake back up with Harry by my side. I had no idea what happened for the past three years. That's what scared me the most. My best friend wasn't with me, and I find out that my boyfriend isn't my boyfriend anymore? At this point, I wished I fell back asleep and never woke up.

I hadn't noticed I was staring into space. I hadn't noticed how nice the entire room looked or even cared how I got here or who would be paying for it.

"Good you're awake." Zayn shuffled back into the room. That broke me out of my trance as I turned to look at him. Guilt washed over me as I saw the bruising around his neck. While I may have forgotten the past three years of my life. I did remember I tried choking the life out of him when I woke up the first time at the hospital. He was probably so thankful the doctors knocked me out when they did.

"I'm sorry about..." Zayn held up his hand to me and quickly shook his head. I quickly shut my mouth.

"It's fine. I've had worse." He chuckled as he walked back over to my bedside. "Besides, I expected as much. That's why I didn't want to tell you right away." That was true, I might have overreacted.

"How long have I been out?" I noticed the city skyline from my hospital room. It was now blue skies for miles and the sun was out. This told me that I must have been out for a while as when I awoke the first time, it was raining and dark out.

"You've been out for the entire day. You needed some rest, the doctor told me you were dehydrated." Zayn explained.

 The fact that I had lost three years of my life had been very worrisome. As well as nobody knowing where I had been for that amount of time, so much so that they thought I was dead. It made my stomach do flips in disgust.

"Earth to Cece..." Zayn said as he waved his hand in front of my face.

"Sorry." I said softly as I looked back down at my hospital room blanket. There were a few seconds of awkward silence before the doctor finally came in to check up on me.

"Ah, nice to see our patient is finally awake." The doctor chuckled as she walked into the room and grabbing the clipboard that was attached to the end of my bed. She looked at the papers for a few moments, quickly writing something down. She was an older woman, definitely gave off a warm presence. Something that I was relieved about.

"When can I go back home?" I was frustrated as I wanted to get back home to my apartment and my life in general. I needed to find Nina and even Niall of all people. Then I would have to track down Harry. The doctor and Zayn gave each other a look. I rolled my eyes in annoyance. I hated when people kept things from me.

"How are you feeling?" The doctor asked as they looked back at me, waiting for me to answer.

"Like I got hit by a car." This was getting ridiculous.