T W O

May

May

"Wake up, baby." That was the soft voice I heard that brought me out of my hungover induced slumber. A voice that I hadn't heard in years. Someone that I missed so desperately. That's when I reached out and was surprised to feel my hand hitting against someone's back. I darted up in bed as I finally the figure that was laying beside me. 

It was her.

"What is it, Baby? You look like you saw a ghost." She giggled as she moved a couple of strands of her hair behind her ear. She looked just the same as she did the last time I saw her, beautiful as ever.

 I knew this was just another sick trick my mind was playing on me. I was sure that I was dreaming.

God fucking damn it.

It seemed the copious amount of alcohol I consumed the night before didn't do anything. I wanted to be blacked out drunk. Not dreaming about her. I stumbled out of my bed, falling onto the floor beside me. "Shit." I mumbled under my breath as I slowly got up. 

"Come on, baby. Let's go back to bed." I was startled to hear her voice behind me. I didn't even hear her get out of bed. I shook my head, not wanting to look at her. It was just too difficult. "Harry!" She sighed in profound disappointment as I felt her hands gently touch my face and turned me so I had to look at her. "What's gotten into you?"

"This isn't real...this isn't real...this isn't real." I mumbled under my breath. My eyes still closed shut. I needed to wake up.

"What?!" She yelled. "of course I'm real silly. LOOK!" Her voice boomed once more. My eyes opened. It looked like her and I so desperately wished it was her. There was Cece. I could feel her arms wrap around me, carefully pulling me in closer to her until our lips finally met. I  desperately wanted to deepen the passionate kiss and make us go back to bed right there. 

But this was a sick dream.

She was wearing a nightgown this time. Thankfully there was no blood this time...yet. I pulled away and shoved her off of me. I turned around as fast as I could and rushed out of my bedroom. It was eerily quiet as rushed down the steps of my home. As I reached the final steps I tried turning on the lights, they wouldn't turn on. "Crap." I muttered under my breath.

"Harry!" She screamed as she was now in front of me. There was blood all over her now. I was able to catch her as her legs gave up under her.

"No, no, no," I was frantic as she was having trouble breathing because of her wounds. There was just so much blood. I placed my hand on her stomach, maybe that would stop the bleeding. I had to save her.

"Why...Why couldn't you save me?" She whispered as her eyes were about to flutter close.

"I tried Cece. I tried." I sob as she had now stopped breathing. I brought her body much closer to me. "There was nothing more I could do." I could hear myself sobbing by this point.