chapter 42 - i lost the kids

"You shaved! I liked the whole sexy beard thing you had going on

"You shaved! I liked the whole sexy beard thing you had going on." Lennox commented on her husband as she stood in the doorway of the bathroom, they were trying their bests. They were being more husband and wifey but no one was getting over the blip.

Steve chuckled slightly as he wiped his face off when rumbling sounded, the ground was shaking. Lennox had a hopeful smile, they ran outside to see a spaceship flying over head. Carol Danvers brought it down to safety, Lennox held onto her husbands hand as she watched everything intently. Pepper was trying to hold her composure but this could be it, this could be her husband returning.

A blue girl and Tony struggled down the stairs, Steve ran to help and Lennox was not far behind him along with Pepper.

"Couldn't stop him." He panted breathlessly out.

"Neither could i." Steve responded holding Tony up from lack of nourishment.

"Hang on. I lost the kid." Tony turned to Steve, Lennox's face dropped completely.

"Tony we lost." Steve informed Stark of the events that had just happened on earth.

"Is uh...? Oh good." Tony looked over to see the face of his fiancé Pepper.

"Oh, my God!" Pepper sobbed, wrapping her arms around her fiancé. "Oh, my god." She couldn't believe that he had returned, she hoped he would but she never expected it.

"It's been 23 days since Thanos came to Earth." Rhodey explained catching Carol, Tony, and Nebula up to date.

"World governments are in pieces. The parts that are still working are trying to take a census and it looks like he did. He did exactly what he said he was going to do. Thanos wiped out 50% of all living creatures." Natasha kept her composure as the images flashed in everyone's faces of all the Avengers and people that they had lost. The room was held with a grief and chilly feeling one that hit you deep in your bones.

"Where is he now? Where?" Tony spoke up as he was attached to machinery trying to get his heath back up.

"We don't know." Steve replied. "He just opened a portal and walked through." Steve sighed out as he watched the PTSD rush through Lennox's eyes the last moments of Vision and Wandas life.

"What's wrong with him?" Tony questioned turning his attention to Thor sitting by himself.

"Oh, he's pissed." Rocket spoke up from the bench sitting next to Lennox. "He thinks he failed. Which, of course, he did. but there's a lot of that going around, ain't there?" Rocket exhaled trying to keep his sarcasm to a minimum.

Tony held a shocked expression, "Honestly, until this exact second i thought you were build a bear." Tony commented to Rocket.

"Maybe i am." Rocket answered back.