chapter 21 - excitement

Amara and Natasha invited Steve and Lennox over for dinner, it's been a week since the kids were over at the Rogers and Barton household

Amara and Natasha invited Steve and Lennox over for dinner, it's been a week since the kids were over at the Rogers and Barton household. Lennox had finished up her school for the day, she's almost done with year one of schooling, she has a big test in two days. Steve got a job, he works from home as a programmer for a high paying business. Wanda was coming home for dinner with Vision so the family would be together.

"My baby!" Lennox tackled Wanda into a air tight hug. "Vision, missed you. But i'm really hungry so get on todd so we can go to Nat's."

"Who's Todd?" Vision questioned with wide eyes.

"He's our golf cart, Steve got it for us since it's a far walk to each house. Sam's coming for dinner as well, he's already there apparently he was a new girlfriend." Lennox informed the two, Steve shook his head at his girlfriend who loves to gossip. Lennox named the golf cart Todd because she thinks it just fits him. She even drew a mustache on the front of it. Steve drove down the pathway to Amara and Nats house.

They all sat down for dinner and Amara went to grab her drink when Lennox grasped her wrist and squealed loudly before jumping up and down. "You two are getting married?" She gasped staring at the ruby stone ring. Amara was never a girl for big diamonds she liked the color red, and she didn't want to be like everyone else who wanted diamonds.

"You own me five dollars." Amara said to Nat. "She saw it within the first three minutes of being here which means i win."

"I better be your wedding planner." Lennox threatened the couple. Nat and Amara looked at each other, and Lennox tried to figure out what they were thinking about. It was like they knew what they were trying to say without talking. 

"Actually, Amara has something to ask you and I have something to ask you Steve." Nat spoke up, "Steve will you be my best man?" She asked first, Steve's face light up.

"Of course i will." Steve happily responded, smiling contently while Lennox looked like she was about to explode.

"Lennox Francesca 'dance machine' Barton, will you be my maid of honor?" Amara questioned, "I need my best friend since childhood by my side."

"Hell yeah!" She hugged her best friend and kissed her forehead. "I'm so happy, i think i'm going to pee my pants." Lennox got up and pranced to the bathroom shaking with happiness.

"When doesn't that women have to pee?" Wanda spoke up from stuffing the pasta in her mouth. Vision was sitting there awkwardly since he can't eat food. "I'm happy for you two."

"Wanda, i want you to be a bridesmaid." Nat told Wanda, she cheered silently while she waved her arms in a victory dance. "I'll take that as a yes."

"Yes." Wanda replied with a 'no dip' kinda face.

"Are you inviting the other Avengers?" Vision questioned from his seat at the table. The Avengers were a sore subject for everyone to talk about but Vision didn't understand that well.

"No, we want a small wedding. Just the criminal Avengers we invited Tony and Rhodey but they don't want to make the trip here." Natasha said solemnly, as Sam danced into the house with a beer in his hand. "Sam where have you been?"

"My new girlfriend, says being in a house with this many girls means i'm cheating on her so i broke up with her. She said that Lennox is probably a slut so i broke up with her right there because Lenna, she's my homie." Sam explained, as he put food on his plate.

"She called my girl a slut?" Steve put his fork down forcefully as Lennox came dancing from the bathroom still beaming with excitement about the news.

"What's going on?" Lennox inquired, seeing everyone had angry face expressions.

"Nothing we were just talking about how
Tony and Rhodes aren't coming to the wedding." Wanda lied to her, she didn't want to but Lennox had just gained control of her fire powers so angering her isnt what anyone wants to do.

"Those asscheeks i thought they forgave us." She sat down, "Hey, Sam."

"Lenna, it's good to see you again." Sam smiled drunkly over at his girl best friend. "How have you been?"

"I'm happy, Nat and Mar are getting married!" She beamed as she took a sip of her red wine.

"I heard, they put me in charge of the fireworks at the end of the night." Sam took a sip of his beer.

" Sam took a sip of his beer