worst of you

Euphemia finished lecturing all her boys, especially James, and they all sat at the dinner table. The Marauders' heads were down as they all stared at the table shamefully instead of looking at Euphemia.

"I don't want you hanging out with the Evans girls anymore," Euphemia summed up. "Especially Daisy. She's bad news."

At this comment, James' head shot upwards and his crystal blue eyes pierced his mother's warm ones. "Mum, you can't do that," James protested quietly. Sirius expected James to bargain for Lily's sake but then he said, "Daisy's our friend."

"I don't care if she's your friend," Euphemia shot back. "She's not your friend anymore, not after she got you two landed in jail."

"It's not her fault," Sirius said quickly, speaking right after Euphemia finished her sentence. "I mean, yeah, it was her idea but we agreed with it immediately. We wanted to do it."

"Yeah, and it wouldn't have even been a big deal if we hadn't gotten caught," Peter chipped in. "It was just a bit of fun." He dug his hands into his pockets and felt the polaroid picture that Daisy took of him, with the angel wings and halo behind him.

"She's going to get you landed in jail again," their mother warned, "and it's not just going to be James and Remus this time. It'll be all of you."

"Then we will be adults and take the consequences," Remus said surely. Euphemia let out a sigh and covered her face with her hands. She knew that Daisy really made an impact if Remus, who was literally in jail mere hours ago, was defending her.

"Please, Mum," James begged. "She's only here for another week then she'll be off to America and we'll have to go to school and we won't see her ever again!"

"That's an exaggeration," Euphemia said.

"We  won't ever  see her again!" Sirius repeated hotly. "Mum, it's Daisy! She's an amazing person! She taught me and James how to drive."

"And she was going to teach me how to drive!" Remus added on. 

"Even worse," Euphemia scolded. "She's doing that illegally, none of you boys have your permits or your licenses."

"Mum, that's not the point," James grumbled. "Daisy'll be leaving soon and I think that we should make this summer memorable for her."

"Besides, we've done tons of illegal stuff with Daisy already," Sirius confessed. "Honestly, the only thing we haven't done is murder!"

"Please don't think about that," Euphemia sighed. 

"We're serious!" Sirius yelled. "Well, I'm Sirius. But we're being honest. We've committed arson, we've vandalized property, we've stolen things, we've done underage drinking, we've smoked weed-"

"Shut it," James hissed. He slapped Sirius' arm. "I think you've proved your point." 

Euphemia thought for a moment and looked at her boys, who were all making adorably puppy dog eyes and they all had their bottom lips out in a pout. "I guess, if Daisy's parents will let you," Euphemia said slowly, "you can hang out with Daisy."

-----

The sound of pebbles hitting against Daisy's window had the girl's eyes fluttering open. The sound of the pebbles was simultaneous, like multiple people were throwing the pebbles. She groggily rubbed her eyes, recovering from her nap.

The brunette walked over to the window and pulled aside the curtains to see the Marauders down below with pebbles in their hands. They were very prepared to throw the rocks at her window again and they would've done it all day but the appearance of their favorite girl put them out of their misery.