epic love

It was Daisy's last night with James. Tonight, she would leave and be flown out to New York, moving onto her adult life and making a name for herself. If she'd met James Potter sooner, she probably wouldn't have even heard about the acting gig and she would've been busy being a dreamer much earlier.

She would still be a dreamer, she'd always be a dreamer. Daisy still had dreams she wanted to pursue and she still thought she could make the impossible possible. But now, she didn't fly as high towards the sun as she used to. She still flies but now she flies closer to the ground.

"What do you think about love?" James asked as he sat in the passenger's seat next to Daisy. It was late at night and they were just driving around, just one last time before Daisy and her convertible left. 

Daisy was having her car being brought to America as well so James wouldn't get to drive around in this car much longer or be able to drive in general, since Daisy always let him do it illegally. 

"Do you believe in soulmates or do you believe that love isn't real?" James questioned.

"I do believe in love," Daisy confirmed, "but I don't think that everyone finds it. I think some people are lucky enough to find love, but some people experience something more than that... something epic."

"Epic?"

"Yeah," the brunette nodded, deep in thought. "They meet someone who makes them feel alive and fits them like the perfect puzzle piece, like something they've been missing their entire life. They might not be soulmates because anyone has potential to experience love like that, not just one person."

"Hmm," James hummed, not really responded. They were quiet for another moment, driving in peaceful silence, when James spoke. "Can we drive to your house really quick?"

"Sure," Daisy agreed as she made a right turn. "Why?"

"Been thinking about something for a while," the bespectacled boy explained. "Lily's been acting nice towards me and I've chased her around for so many years, it's kind of a waste if I just let her slip out of my hands, y'know?"

Daisy didn't know. She didn't understand what James was saying because Daisy believed that James could do so much better and someone more fun than Lily but in the end, the dreamers that fly highest to the sky always find the realists who try to stay on the ground the most.

"Yeah," the brunette nodded. "So you're going to try to win her back? Do you have some romantic gesture planned?"

"Nope," James answered while drumming the side of the car with his fingers. "I am going to be mature and adult-ish, just like Lily always wanted me to be, and I'm going to talk to her and tell her how I feel."

Daisy nodded her head again as she pressed on the brakes, stopping in front of her house. "Wait here," James demanded as he stepped out of the car.

James didn't know much since he was only 17, but he knew that he missed Lily. Of course, it never occurred to him that he would miss Daisy, since she was always around. He wouldn't know that he loved her so much until she was gone.

Daisy watched as he fixed his hair and messed it up again and fixed his jacket and flattened out his shirt. He tried so hard for someone who didn't deserve it but Daisy was never one to judge, because she didn't think that she deserved James' love either.

James rang the doorbell and as always, Lily opened it up. Daisy saw their distant figures and she smiled softly as James used his hands to make motions while speaking.

James had planned this entire thing out for weeks, getting back with Lily. It was finally sinking in and James wasn't as happy as he thought he'd be when he heard the words he wanted to hear. 

He thought he would've been over the moon but he simply smiled as the words rolled off Lily's tongue.

Lily had hoped that James would come back because he loved her more than he would ever love Daisy but she knew that the only reason he was back was because Daisy was leaving, and he didn't want to be alone. Lily might have James now but she knew that in the end, Daisy was right. She'd lost.

"Well, I guess I'll see you back at school," James said nervously. 

"Yeah," Lily confirmed. "Well, actually, you could stay for a bit if you like." She knew that Daisy would be leaving somewhere. She'd seen Daisy lugging her bag down and into her car, but this would prove if James would still chose her over anyone else.

"Maybe another time," the bespectacled teen replied. "I'm just gonna spend tonight with Daisy. It's her last night here and I want to be the last one to say goodbye." Daisy couldn't hear their conversation but she assumed all was well. 

As expected, James grinned widely and Lily smiled as well but her smiled faltered a bit when her green eyes flickering towards Daisy's car. James nodded multiple times and turned around, shooting Daisy a thumbs-up. He entered the car once again and Daisy pulled away from the curb, already assuming that she knew how it went. 

She silently drove to the airport and stopped at a free parking spot. James exited the car with her and opened the trunk. Daisy slung a duffel bag over her shoulder and her suitcase, then James closed the trunk once again. 

"It was nice knowing you, Potter," Daisy said sadly. James sheepishly smiled and stuck his hands into his pockets.

"Back at you, Evans. I'll be watching you on the screens," James promised. 

"Wouldn't expect anything less," she smirked. The brunette looked at the car keys in her hand and threw them upwards. "Think fast."

James outstretched his hands easily and caught the keys just in time. "I thought you wanted to ship it out to New York," James said, dumbfounded. 

"You should be able to drive it around a bit more without me on your back," Daisy shrugged. "Have fun with it before Lily makes you get rid of it."

"I wouldn't let her," James joked, knowing that Lily would eventually convince him to get rid of it later on in their relationship.

"Whatever you gotta tell yourself. Bye, James." 

"Goodbye, Daisy." 

Daisy smiled again and walked off while James looked down at the car keys and entered the navy blue car, starting the engine without her for the very first time.

Daisy knew that the farthest their romantic relationship went was only a mere kiss, a simple kiss. But Daisy Evans knew that even if she found someone she loved later on, James Potter would always be her epic love.

James didn't know it now, but however much he loved Lily Evans would never succumb to how much he loved Daisy. He might not ever know what he was losing when he pulled out of that parking spot by the airport, and he might never find out that Daisy Evans was his epic love.