looking at me

James, Sirius, and Daisy sat in Daisy's car once again and Sirius intently watched as Daisy and James played rock, paper, scissors. "Rock, paper, scissors, chute!" Daisy and James shouted at the same time, extending their hands. 

Daisy cheered and James let out a distinct groan as Daisy held her two fingers outwards and James had his hand face down in a flat formation. They were going to a party tonight and someone needed to stay sober to become the designated driver.

Sirius was still learning how to drive and he was guaranteed to get shit-faced drunk anyways so he was out of the competition, so it was between Daisy and James. Now, James was assigned as designated driver. Handling two of his drunk best friends... not James' ideal night.

"No, come on. Two out of three," James bargained.

"Fine," Daisy grumbled. "Rock, paper, scissors, chute!"

Daisy held out scissors again and James held out paper. "First one to three," the bespectacled boy pleaded.

"No!" Daisy laughed.

Everyone exited the car and made their way to the house with the door already open. Some people were chatting on the front lawn and porch. They were all surrounded by the red plastic cups littering the green grass and curled up napkins but none of them seemed to mind.

The trio strolled up the path and entered the open house, the smell of alcohol immediately overtaking all of their senses. They all collectively went to the kitchen. James grabbed some salted mini pretzels, Daisy picked up a bottled beer, and Sirius started to chug tequila. 

The music was so loud and half of the songs, James had never heard before because they were all muggle songs. "Okay, I wanna dance," Daisy announced, putting her beer down.

She made her way to the living room and James looked between the path that Daisy just went down and then looked back at Sirius. "You'll be okay, right Pads? I'll be back," James assured.

Sirius shot his friend a thumbs-up while continuing to chug the tequila and James grimaced while walking past the drunk girls who threw themselves onto him. He tried to politely push the horny teenagers off but it didn't always work so he just put his hands on their shoulders and moved them out of the way.

Daisy wasn't drunk, she was only buzzed as she started to dance. She would've felt stupid dancing at a party completely sober so she always needed to get something into her system. 

James found Daisy dancing with some random guy and he wasn't going to lie, but that random guy made James feel very insecure. "Bugger off," James huffed while pushing the guy roughly.

Luckily, the stranger walked away instead of starting a fight and James rested his attention on Daisy. "Don't dance with random people," James scolded.

"Calm down," Daisy laughed, "I wasn't going to snog him or anything."

"Good. Don't," the curly-haired boy scowled. 

"You're the designated driver, not the killjoy, James," the Evans girl reminded.

"I don't care. If I was drunk, I would still be telling you these things," he replied sternly.

Daisy frowned in response and pushed past him, going back to the kitchen to get another drink. Sirius had almost finished half of the tequila and Daisy scrunched her nose up while grabbing the bottle from him.

"I wasn't done, Dais!" Sirius slurred. Daisy rolled her eyes at the drunk teen and tilted her head back while bringing the bottle to her lips. She felt the clear liquid burning down her throat when she swallowed and she loved the pain.