cold blooded

It was a hot day and the scorching sun was out when Daisy pulled up to the Potter Manor, just like she did three days a week. Instead of honking her horn, the brunette decided to exit her car, slam the door, and make her way to the front door on the porch.

As always, the lovely Euphemia Potter answered the door. "Hello, dear," she greeted politely.

"Hey, Mrs. Potter-"

"Oh please, call me Euphemia," the older woman offered. Daisy smiled and tried again.

"Euphemia, sorry, my mum made cupcakes and she knew that I was coming over so she told me to bring some for you guys," Daisy said, holding up the aluminum tray. 

"Oh thank you," Euphemia smiled. "You're so kind, Daisy. Come in. Here let me take that." Euphemia opened the door for Daisy and took the aluminum tray in her hands as Daisy made her way deeper into the house.

"James and Sirius are still sleeping," she explained. "You can go wake them up. James is the one up the stairs, the first one on the right, and Sirius' room is right next to his."

"Okay, thank you," Daisy replied as she skipped up the stairs. She moved past James' room and entered Sirius' room to see a messily made room and Sirius laying in the bed, sprawled out like a starfish. 

The brunette moved closer and shook Sirius' shoulders. His grey eyes snapped open and he let out a groan when he saw Daisy. "I was shifting!"

"What?"

"Nevermind," Sirius grumbled. "Nice hair."

Daisy's straight brown hair was now curled into nice waves and she had three navy streaks in them, barely visible but very nice when it was viewed in the sunlight. "Thanks," she said, touching her hair by instinct. "Lily hates it."

"That's cus she's a bitch," Sirius chuckled. 

"Tell me about it," Daisy laughed. "I gotta go wake up James now." Sirius nodded and began to find some clean clothes by sniffing his messy piles and Daisy exited the room and entered James'.

His room was much neater than Sirius' but it was still messy with random pieces of clothing scattered around. James was laying in his bed with the blankets scrunched up against the wall and he was curled into a ball. 

James was a light sleeper so when Daisy opened the door, his blue eyes fluttered open. "Hey, Dais," he croaked out.

"Hey," Daisy replied, standing over him. "What do you want to do today?"

"Nothing," he mumbled, flipping over his pillow so his head was on the cooler side. "Can we just sleep?"

"It's a Saturday, James," the girl opposed.

"Yes," James agreed lazily, "Saturday's the day of pre-rest. Come here." He sat upright a bit and grabbed Daisy's waist before falling back to his previous position.

Daisy laid on the bed next to him uncomfortably and James had his arms wrapped around her. The brunette shuffled around so she was facing James and his eyes were forced shut but Daisy tried to comb his messy hair with her fingers, causing James' bright eyes to flutter open once again.

"Come on, let's do something," Daisy whispered. 

"Let's sleep," James suggested, closing his eyes again and gripping Daisy tighter. She squirmed around and looked over at James' nightstand. The girl reached her hand out and picked up a polaroid picture of them from one of the days they were hanging out, which was taken by Sirius.

They were laughing while eating ice cream cones and James had a bit of ice cream on the tip of his nose. Daisy's hand was outstretched, trying to wipe the ice cream off James' nose whilst laughing.