where's my love

a/n: daisy is being portrayed by effy from skins (kaya scodelario)

Daisy later found out that 'I'll owl you' means that James literally sent his owl to Daisy's house with a letter tied to the owl's foot. She was pretty sure that this was animal abuse but apparently it was normal for the wizarding world to abuse their pets.

It was now the beginning of the summer of '77 and just like James asked, Daisy refrained from getting herself grounded again. Lily was home again and she was talking about how her school year went while Daisy and Petunia kept making funny faces at each other and rolling their eyes when listening to Lily droning.

Daisy and Petunia always had a good relationship, they were closer to each other than they were to Lily. Lily was nice sometimes but she was normally very boring and all she talked about was magic, only reminding Daisy and Petunia that they would never be like her.

"Can you stop it?" Lily asked, clearly frustrated. She put her fork down and stopped eating her mashed potatoes, looking in between Petunia and Daisy. 

"Stop what?" Daisy asked, feigning confusion. Lily was obviously referring to the fact that Petunia and Daisy were making fun of her but it was funny to see Lily so frustrated.

"I'm the youngest one in the family and it always seems like I'm the most mature out of the three of us," the redhead huffed. "You two are so childish all the time and even now, you keep making faces across the table like I can't see you."

"Oh, we know you can see us, freak," Petunia remarked smugly. Lily's jaw dropped and she quickly closed her mouth, trying to recompose herself and stay as calm as possible.

"You two act like you're above everything!" Lily accused. "I'll have you two know that I'll make a very good impact on the wizarding world in the future and both of you will probably be working at a diner!"

"Well, I'll have you know that I'd make a very good waitress!" Daisy shot back. "And it's not like occupation means anything! I'll probably get into a very stable relationship, whereas you are trying to be too rational to fall in love! And Petunia has already fallen in love so suck on that!"

"Daisy, that is enough!" her mother scolded. "Go to your room now!"

"Wouldn't want it any other way," Daisy scoffed, throwing her napkin onto the table. She stormed up the stairs and slammed the door of her bedroom. 

Everything was always about Lily, even before she got into that stupid wizard school. She always had the upper hand, no matter how much Daisy tried, which is one of the reasons for why Daisy created so much trouble. She just wanted to be noticed.

"God, Lily gets E's and O's," Daisy muttered to herself. "Those letters aren't even on the high school grading system! These A's are as good as useless."

She went over to her school backpack and pulled out her report card, which consisted of many A's, A+'s, and a single A-. It was the best report card she's gotten since she was in primary school. Part of her thought that it was James' encouraging in his letters that got her there and part of her thought that it was the fact that she wanted to please her family so much. 

But deep down, she knew what got her there was Lily. She wanted to show up Lily and show everyone that she wasn't better, but she was just as good as Lily, just as worthy of love and affection as Lily.

Clearly that wasn't true.

Daisy ripped up her report card out of anger and tossed it into her trash bin carelessly. She slumped onto her bed and laid there for a few seconds before she heard a small sound coming from her window.