Chap. 7 Snowballs

Twas another day for Anna's family and friends to come visit. They were all gathered in the living room, sitting by the fire. Everyone was having a moment of complete silence. But, that silence was thankfully broken.

"That's it! I can't take this anymore! Let's all do something!" Jack cried.

"Like what?" Punzie asked.

An all too familiar mischievous smirk crossed Jack's features. Everyone looked at each other, knowing what that ment. Jack and Elsa both made their way outside, everybody following.

They both sent snowballs into the air, causing them to explode into a million snowflakes. It was already snowy that day, but Jack and Elsa can always agree. You NEVER have too much snow!

"So Anna, do you wanna build a snowman?" Elsa asked.

For once, Anna gave a small smile. She nodded, going up to her sister. Soon, everybody got started on building snowmen. They decided to see who could build one the fastest. They also had teams assigned. Punzie and Eugene, Aster and Merida, Jack and Hiccup, Elsa and Anna, finally Priscilla, Toothless, Olaf, Sunny, and Lance.

Sunny was Eugene and Rapunzel's daughter. While Lance was Elsa and Jack's son. Aster and Merida had a baby on the way.

As everyone worked on their snowmen, Anna kept taking glances at Hiccup. She soon couldn't take it anymore, and whispered to Elsa. Elsa smirked, making a snowball make in her hand. Anna took it, making sure Hiccup wasn't looking. When he had his back turned, she threw it at him.

Hiccup felt the impact of a snowball on his back. He turned his head, but only spotted Jack. He rolled his eyes, standing up.

"Really Jack?" He said, glaring at him.

"What?" Jack responded, looking innocent.

Anna and Elsa both giggled quietly. Hiccup decided to let this one slide, going back to building the snowman. A few seconds later, another snowball hit him. This time, on the back of his head. He whipped his head around, glaring at Jack again.

"It wasn't me!" Jack insisted.

"You're asking for trouble" Hiccup warned.

Right when Jack was about to argue again, another snowball hit Hiccup. He slowly turned to face Elsa and Anna, who were currently containing their laughter.

"I think we found our culprits" Jack said, smirking slightly.

"Not culprits. Culprit" Elsa said, pointing at Anna.

"Elsa! How could you!?" Anna cried.

"Oh really!? Really now!?" Hiccup exclaimed, approaching Anna.

She quickly scrambled to her feet, starting to move away from him. "N-now Hiccup. You wouldn't hurt your own wife, would you?" Hiccup ignored the question, continuing to approach her.

"If you run fast enough....I won't" Hiccup responded, an evil smirk on his face.

Anna was gone in a matter of seconds. She ran as fast as possible. Unfortunately, Hiccup had a bit of help. He motioned at Toothless, whom quickly stuck his tail in front of Anna. Hiccup grabbed Anna before she fell, holding onto her from behind.

"Um....peace treaty?" Anna asked.

"Lemme think.......nope!" Hiccup replied. He picked up a fist full of snow, shoving it down the back of Anna's shirt. She let out a high pitched squeal as the cold hit her skin. Anna did her best to squirm out of Hiccup's grip. But, it only resulted in Anna falling forward, taking Hiccup with her.

Hiccup landed on top of her, still holding her. Fearing he might put more snow down her back, she squirmed onto her back, facing him. She decided to get her revenge, smashing a clump of snow in his face.

"Gotcha" She taunted.

"I wouldn't be too cocky if I were you" Hiccup replied.

Anna cocked an eyebrow, wondering what he had in mind. Unfortunately, she soon found out. Hiccup decided to shove snow down the FRONT of her shirt. Anna released another squeal, laughing at the same time.

"Gosh! Sound like a pig stuck in a fence!" Hiccup exclaimed.

"Shut up!" She laughed.

As Anna and Hiccup attempted to stop laughing, everyone else smiled. Olaf smiled whilst giving a small gasp.

"You got your laugh back, Anna" He said.

Hiccup proceeded to help Anna stand up. They both looked at each other, giving a small smile.

"Yeah. I guess I did" She responded.

Anna hadn't laughed that hard since Kristoff's death. It felt good to laugh again.

Later, it was decided the kids had won the snowman building competition. Along with the help of Toothless and Olaf of course. Pascal had performed the finishing touches. Putting in the carrot nose. Angus and Maximus had just made sure Jack didn't knock it down. Out of a fit of jealousy.

After that, everybody had gathered around the fire. They were all waiting for Punzie to finish dessert, whilst drinking mugs of hot chocolate. They all enjoyed each other's company, making friendly conversation.

Hiccup and Anna were looking at each other every now and again. Anna surprisingly flashed Hiccup a friendly smile. He gladly returned it.

They might not be in love, and they might not be romantically close. But, they still know how to have fun sometimes. Hiccup was filled with a bit of hope then. He knew he couldn't give up yet. He would gain Anna's love eventually. No matter what.