Chap. 1 Memories

Memories. Not a very big word, but a word that stands for so much. What does it mean to people? Well, it can mean a couple of things.

For some, it's a word that reminds us to look back on the times in life that made us happy. The times that made us smiled. The times made us feel as if all was well.

For others, it can meet quite the opposite. It can mean looking back at the things that made us miserable. The times when we felt the whole world had turned it's back on us. The times when we needed a shoulder to cry on, but didn't have it.

Yes. Memories is a word that can represent good and bad. But for some, it only represents one.

Anna was just your average young woman. She was 26 years old, had a beautiful young daughter, and a loving husband. She had a protective older sister, a caring younger cousin, and wonderful best friends.

To many, life would seem perfect for this young girl. But as we see all too often, things are not always what they appear. In Anna's eyes, life couldn't be more horrible. Sometimes she wondered what kept her going. What it was she lived for. Why, you ask?

It was all because of that fateful day. The worst day of her miserable life. The day that changed everything. Even though it had already been four years ago, the memories played in her mind, as I'd they'd transpired yesterday.

"Miss, Anna. I'm afraid I have bad news" The Doctor slowly approached Anna.

"Is he gonna be alright, Doctor?"

Anna, her sister, cousin, and friends had gathered at the hospital. They all waited for the Doctor to speak.

"That's...what I wanted to tell you. I'm afraid..."

Everyone tensed up, waiting for the impact they knew was coming. Anna had prepared herself, but knew she would breakdown anyway if anything happened to Kristoff.

"Kristoff is in too bad of conditon. He isn't gonna recover. It's up to you...should we take him off life support?" He asked.

"Absolutley not!! There has to be another way! Right, Anna?' Elsa had snapped.

Anna on the other hand, had gotten silent. Kristoff had been on life supprt for a week now. How much longer would he have to suffer if she said no? She didn't know what he was going through!

"Yes."

Everyone looked to Anna with complete and utter shock. She could tell some of them thought she was out of her mind. But, this had to be done. She'd made up her mind.

"Take him off it. I don't want him to suffer anymore."

The Doctor made sure she was positive. After that, he told the nurse what to do. He walked over to Anna, who'd already begun crying.

"Do you, wish to say goodbye?" He asked.

Anna slowly nodded, leaving her friends in the waiting room. She entered the room which Kristoff was in. She slowly walked up to his bed, wiping away her tears.

"Hey, hunny. I just.....came to say....goodbye. And...that I love you. I promise you, I'll take care of Priscilla. I'll make sure...that she never forgets her father. I....love you. So much."

Anna leaned over, kissing his forehead one last time. She ddin't want to stay to watch his last breaths. She left the room, quickly making her way down the hall. She didn't bother to stop and talk to her friends. She just went to her car, and made her way back home.

When Anna got there, she walked into Priscilla's bedroom. Her 3 year old daughter was already fast asleep. She gently smoothed some of her blonde hair away from her eyes. She bent over, kissing her, then walked to her own room.

Laying on the bed, Anna let her tears stream down the sides of her face. She kept staring at the ceiling, letting memories playing through her head. Memories.

It was right then and there, that Anna decided she was NEVER getting re married. She didn't want to exprience memories like these ever again. She would never fall in love again.

"Mommy?" Priscilla asked, poking her head through the door.

Anna turned to face her now, 7 year old daughter. She smiled slightly, patting the spot beside her. Priscilla ran up, climbing on the bed next to her mother. Anna gently wrapped her arms around her, rubbing her back.

Even though she would always hate herself for what happened to Kristoff. Even though she would never love anyone again, she still had Priscilla. Her little ball of sunshine.