Recipe Four [American Doughnuts]

American doughnuts:

Ingredients:

Harflour - 250g

Sugar - 30g

Salt - 3g

Yeast - 10g

Fresh Milk - 50g

Water - 75g

Margarine - 32g

vanilla - 1tsp

Procedure:

(1) Measure 250g of hardflour and 30g of sugar into a bowl making sure seie the flour .

(2) Then ad 3g of salt and 10g of yeast . Make sure to cover the yeast with the flour and never put the salt on the yeast because it will not make the dough rise quicker.

(3)Add 50g of fresh milk and 75 of water into the dry ingredients. hen, add 32g of margarine and 1tsp of anilla and mix wth your hands till they are well mixed.

(4) Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, mix the dough till it is no longer sticky.

(5) Now take the dough and flatten it with a rolling pin.

(6) Use a doughnut cutter to cht the dough into shapes. Place the cut dough into a tray and cover it with a napkin and wait for it to rise.

(7) When the dough has risen, you deep  fry it

(7) When the dough has risen, you deep  fry it. You can either use a pan or a deep fryer.

How to make the glaze:

(1) Whisk together 2 cups powdered sugar, 1/4 cup milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla until smooth.

(2) When the doughnuts are cool enough to handle, dip into the glaze; if you like, flip them so the tops they're completely covered. Put on racks to let the glaze harden.

Either way yoy can also use chocolate too

Chocolate glaze :

1 cup powdered sugar

4 Tbsp. cocoa powder

4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted

1 tsp. vanilla extract

4 Tbsp. milk

1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles

  Procedure:

Whisk powdered sugar and cocoa powder together in a medium mixing bowl.

Add melted butter and whisk it into the powdered sugar.

Whisk vanilla extract and milk into powdered sugar mixture until smooth. The glaze should be thick and shiny.

Dip the top of each donut into the glaze and return to the wire cooling rack (you may want to put a towel or plate under the wire rack to catch any drips of frosting). Top donuts with sprinkles while glaze is still wet.

Let the glaze set for 10-15 minutes or so, then serve and enjoy!

*******end of chapter *******

Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Until next time adios!

Love,
The author 💕