Recipe Two[Ghanaian Rock Buns]

Ghanaian Rock Buns

It is a small bun that have a rough surface. The surface is normally crunchy and the inside is soft.

We have types of these buns. The coconut rock bun is one type of these bun.

Ingredients

Soft flour - ½ lb or 8oz
Sugar - 2oz
Baking powder - 1½tsp
Nutmeg- 1tsp
Food colour- Yellow.

Margarine-4oz

Eggs-1
Diluted milk
Vanilla- 1tsp

Procedure

1) Sieve ½lb of if soft flour and place it in a dry bowl.

2)Pour 2oz of sugar in the flour and 1 tsp of baking powder.

3) Now pour 1 tsp of nutmeg. (Make sure you grate it then sieve it well before pouring in the dry ingredients)

4) Put 4oz of margarine in the dry ingredients and rub in.

5) Now in a smaller bowl, crack one egg and pour a reasonable amount of diluted milk and 1tsp of vanilla. Add ½ tsp of the colour and stir well. (The color should be little or else the bun will be too yellow.)

6) Pour the liquid mixture in to the dry ingredients and mix to get a  thick paste.

7) Scoop a little of the paste with a spoon and place it in your baking tray lined with baking sheet.

8) You can add dry fruits to the pasted before baking to make it tasty and attractive other than that it's not an obligation.

_*******end of   chapter ********_

Hope you loved this recipe! Stay tuned for another update.

Love,
The author🥰