15.

"His kingdom is cold, but his heart may still be warm." - Anonymous

Yearning for some quiet and alone time, Zariah was heading toward the banquet hall - it had a library on the second floor.

She passed the Giving Tree once again, and contemplated whether she should go up and ask what her heart desires most. She decided against it, though. She didn't want to know what lurked in the depths of her heart.

With a little skip in her step and a little hum escaping her lips, she finally reached the golden, grand doors of the banquet hall. She struggled to pull them open, considering they were huge and heavy, but she finally managed. All was quiet except for her little hum and the pitter-pattering of her feet up the grand staircase and onto the second floor. She rounded a corner, fingers tracing the velvety textured wall and was met with a big wooden door. She slowly pulled it open and walked inside.

Louis heard the door of the library open, but didn't bother to acknowledge whoever entered. It was probably some know-it-all God like Niall, coming in here for the millionth time to read his fathers poetry. He rolled his eyes at the thought. He was quickly searching for the book he had read at the Unite Ball. 'The Sun and the Stars' or something like that. He was adamant on finding it because he believed it held the truth as to what he was believing. He was apart of the prophecy.

He let his fingers brush along the dust covered spines as he checked shelf by shelf, row by row. He came across one that was slightly less dusty than the others, most likely the one he had read about a couple weeks before. He pulled it out, and it was just the one he was looking for. 'The Sun and the Moon.' At least his title guess was close. He quickly tucked the book under his arm and headed straight for the tables located on the other side of the library. He suddenly stopped in his tracks when he heard the most heavenly humming. Zariah.

She hadn't noticed that Louis was there because of how quiet the environment was. She rounded the corner with her book in hand, before spotting him. A smile lit up on her face. "Hi, Louis." She chirped.

Louis wanted to melt. Literally melt. He could literally feel the heat burning up in him. He was so helplessly in love, that everything she did seemed to make him want to march straight up to her, take her in his arms, and kiss the shit out of her. But he couldn't...she wasn't his. "Oh, um...hi." He shyly smiled.

She began to walk towards him and he swallowed the lump in his throat. He let out a breath he didn't know he was holding when she approached, and inhaled the sweet scent of her perfume. He didn't know what the smell was, but it drove him crazy.

"I didn't expect you to be in the library." She said, heading to a table so that they could sit. Louis followed suit, like a lost puppy behind her.

"I'm not usually in here." He mumbled. He quickly pulled a chair out for her, and noticed her flash a stunning smile before thanking him. He nodded and pushed her chair in, before rushing to sit across from her. A good mood suited her far too well.

"What book do you have there?" She asked as she slowly reached for the book Louis had just set on the table. "The Sun and the Moon?" She asked curiously. "Isn't that the one about prophecies?" She asked.

He nodded and smiled. "I might have a little thing for prophecies." He said shyly. She let out a chuckle and Louis was swoon. He was about to say something else when he noticed her already reading. He didn't want to disturb her so he started to read silently.

"'And perhaps the very fact that the moon could never have the sun was the reason that she loved him so...even if their forbidden love would cause a catastrophic turn of events. Every year during the Unite Ball, a young God and Goddess fall into a forbidden love. They are usually on two ends of the spectrum and their love only caused others pain. They were a disaster put together...the star-crossed lovers usually end in a tragic death..."