Chapter 8

Elonique's POV

I made my way inside and I was greated by an empty house as it seems my mom was not home as yet. Probably she's at a meeting at school with parents.

I went to the kitchen and took a bag of Lays and headed to my room.

I went to my room and put the Lays on my bed ,then I stripped out of my clothes and went to take a shower as it was around 4 pm.

I took about 10 minutes and went to put on my clothes for the night which were a red tank top and grey shorts.

I put on my essentials and then went towards my bed.

I took out my laptop to put it on netflix and grabbed my bag of chips and wrapped myself up in my sheets.

I decided to watch Good Girls as I've never watched it before
I was so engrossed in the series I didn't realise it was 6 o'clock already.

Then at that moment I heard the front door closing, mom finally arrived.

I paused the series to go out to meet her in the living room.
"Hey mom , how was your day",I said to her.

It was quite alright , alittle hectic but I managed , how about you sweetie ",she said smiling.

"It was okay mom", I said reciprocating the smile.
"I bought pizza for dinner is that okay",she said to me.

"Yeah mom", I said.
Great she replied heading towards the kitchen.

I went to the dining table and took a bottle of sprite to go with the pepperoni pizza.

Good thing it was hot which made it ten times better , when the cheese is like literally stretching.

My mom and I sat and ate we talked about our day how it went.

Then we wiped our mouth with hand towels and cleaned up after ourselves.

My mom went to take a bath where as I went back to my room.

I continued to watch good girls, it's a very interesting series.
Then I heard my phone ringing and I picked up as it was Diana.

"Hey Elo,whats up" she said, " nothing much, just here chilling watching netflix" I said to her.

"Girl, so how was your date" she said sounding cheery.
"What, that wasn't even a date I don't even know him"I said.

"So why did he wanna meet you in the parking lot", she said sounding confused.

"Inquisitive are we", I replied smirking.

"Duhh, obviously", she said, I could imagine her rolling her eyes laughing.

"Well if you must know he wanted help with baking a cake" I said.

"Really, doesn't he know the use of google or baking books or even better common sense" she said.

"What is wrong with you", I said laughing, "what did I do I'm only stating the truth" she said I could guess she was shrugging her shoulders at the moment.

"So what are you up to",I said changing the subject.

"You know as usual , I was sleeping I just woke up", she said.

"Your always sleeping "I said.

"Nothing beats good ole sleep", she said chuckling.

Yeah I replied, we talked for about 30 minutes before I ended the call as my eyes started to feel droopy.

I turned off my laptop and put it on my table, then I went to the kitchen and discarded the Lays empty bag in the garbage.

Then I went upstairs and went towards my bed and wrapped up in my sheets.

I turned off my lamp on my night stand and turned on my side and went to bed.

.....................................

The next morning as usual I woke up to the blaring sound of my alarm and I instantly felt irritated by it so I slammed my hand down on it to turn it off.

I got up out of bed to brush my teeth and to take a shower which took about 15 minutes.

I combed through my hair and did it in two puffs.

I wore dark blue pants and a grey blouse with sneakers.

I put on my pefume and other essentials and then I made my way to the living room.

I greeted my mom , took an apple as breakfast and headed to the door where Diana was waiting.

Vote!!!
Vote!!!
And comment