twelve

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
▀▄▀▄ ♛ FLICKER !
( 12. TWELVE ╎ ❀ )

━━━━ (閃爍) 𝘸𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧
𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘴 ━━━━ (깜박임)

(𝙼𝙾𝙽𝙳𝙰𝚈) 𝟸𝟿 𝙽𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟽𝟻 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙴𝚛𝚊
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

JIWOO DIDN'T TALK TO EUNBYEOL THE days following her breakup with Heeseung. She refused to look in Eunbyeol's direction no matter how much Eunbyeol had tried to make conversation. By the time Monday came around, Eunbyeol stopped trying. If Jiwoo was angry at her for some reason, she should just stand back and let her get over it. As far as Eunbyeol could understand, she did nothing to cause a rift between Jiwoo and Heeseung.

The days went slowly now that Eunbyeol didn't have anyone to talk to. She became an outcast in school once again. Eunbyeol walked to all her lessons by herself, sat by herself, ate by herself, went to check up on the plant by herself. It was a lonely feeling. What was worse was the fact that she could not sneak out at night because she was aware of Jiwoo's presence. All she could was wait.

   The Monday Dance lesson felt as if it was light years away as the hours ticked by. Eunbyeol just needed to see Heeseung again. She needed to ask him what had happened between the two so that she could try and see if her friendship with Jiwoo can be salvaged.

Her steps are quick and light as she hurries to the ball room, a smile spreading on her face knowing that she would see Heeseung for more than just a few minutes. The boys are already waiting in the ball room, their backs straight, hands clasped behind them. The girls usher in one by one, finding themselves standing in front of their partners. Eunbyeol's eyes meet Heeseung's and she wonders if they have always had that celestial glow to them. His eyes were mesmerising, a deep brown that Eunbyeol hadn't properly noticed before.

   Heeseung's lips stretch into a smile, small, and it's barely noticeable before he straightens himself back into the stance he was in. She also straightens her back, waiting for Headmistress Hwang and the male teacher, whom she has learnt to call Mr Jeon, to tell them what they will do today.

"Mr Jeon and I had a talk over the weekend on how we will conduct the dance for this year, as every year is different to the last," Headmistress Hwang starts, beginning to walk around the hall, her heels echoing through the large room at every step. "For this year, we want all the students to participate so the ninety-eight of you will open the dance then the centrepiece couple will follow to finish off with everyone rejoining and completing the sequence,"

   "Some of you look confused now but not to worry, everything will be made clear as soon as we begin," Mr Jeon adds, banging his cane down twice onto the marbled floor. "If you could get with your partners please,"

   Heeseung steps forward and bows, taking Eunbyeol's hand in his. He places a kiss on her knuckles and smiles, a blush creeping up on her face, unable to stop herself from returning the smile. She looks around to see that all the other boys are doing the same. Heeseung straightens himself up before extending his hands for Eunbyeol to take. She had never realised how big his hands actually were in comparison to hers. All the students disperse around the room, finding a spot for themselves on the floor.