Chapter Twenty-Six: Revelation

[Author's Note]

Hi, everyone! I'm here to plug 'Secret Romantic' (a Hanji x Female Reader AU fic) once more - I'll be updating it at least once a week as well, and so far it has three chapters. If you have the time, please do check it out! 

Enjoy this chapter and always keep safe and stay hydrated!

_

Christa Lenz was actually Historia Reiss.

While the rest of the Survey Corps were confused as to who the Military Police were referring to that day, it turns out that the higher officials, like Commander Erwin, Captain Levi, and Hanji, had already known all this time, through the intel they got from the King's party.

Historia made no denial at all, and even Ymir didn't look surprised at the sudden revelation - we assumed that since they were closer to each other than most of us were, it wasn't far off that Ymir had known as well.

The change in Historia was drastic, though we didn't question it - what's important was that she was more comfortable with herself now. After all, she's one of our best friends and we were immensely proud of how far she's come.

Eren, on the other hand, seemed to be thinking a lot these days. He barely said or even ate anything, and we were truly concerned about his welfare. Mikasa and Armin were always by his side, paying attention to how Eren was taking care of himself whenever we had some free time - which was rare nowadays since we had a lot to plan ever since the Military Police visited the Survey Corps' headquarters.

That was roughly three weeks ago now, and we didn't even know that the following days could get any worse, but it did.

Commander Erwin had launched an operation, one which didn't involve the Survey Corps heading out the wall, instead, one wherein Jean and Armin had to pretend that they were Eren and Historia. While that seemed to be going well at first, and Jean and Armin were 'taken' by some hired goons to be brought to the capital, Mitras, it took a turn for the worse when soldiers from the Anti-Personnel Control squad intervened, and they were successful in taking Eren and Historia.

To where, we had no idea yet.

That was two days ago now.

Currently, we were called to the common room where we were to plan how to find Eren and Historia, all the while fending off the new threat - the government, the Military Police, and the Anti-Personnel Control Squad, while keeping the casualty to a minimum.

The room was quiet and the atmosphere was terse, and it was especially noticeable how grim the faces of the cadets were. Ymir and Mikasa's auras were particularly threatening, both in a sleep-deprived state ever since Eren and Historia were taken. We understood, of course. If it had worried and scared the hell out of the rest of the 104th cadets, how much more for Ymir and Mikasa, who were the closest to the two?

My train of thoughts was interrupted when I felt someone lightly tap my shoulder, and I distractedly glanced at Armin, who was seated to my right.

"I forgot to ask how you're doing, [Y/N]. Are you feeling better now?" Armin asked, glancing at my ankle worriedly.

I nodded and gave him a small smile as I answered, "Moblit said it's all better now, though Hanji told me to still not too much pressure on it from time to time. I can move normally now, and can even run as I did before. My head's all better too, so all in all, I'm 100% back to my fighting state," my gaze fell warily on his face, particularly his eyes, which had dark bags under them.

"I'm more worried about you and Mikasa," I added before glancing at Ymir who was leaning against the wall, "and Ymir too. One thing's for sure though, we'll find them soon, Armin."Armin nodded and sighed heavily, and before we could talk more, the sound of footfalls could be heard, signaling the arrival of Commander Erwin and the others.