Chapter 30

AN:Not edited.

Chapter Thirty- Prelude to the boom  

I heard my alarm going off, 6:45am and it was already time to get up but I was exhausted, forgetting that I had Ava next to me I quickly reached to shut it off. It had been a while since I did any kind of training so changing into some sports wear I went down to the gym and did 40 minutes on the treadmill then went up to my studio and began stretching. I wasn't sure what to do, it had been even longer since I had danced but I felt like I was going out of control and dancing would help me center myself. I wanted to work on my hip-hop so I put on 'Dark Horse' by Katy Perry, then put it on repeat, while I began stretching.

Twenty minutes of stretching and I began working on a routine that I had started back in New York, and I had to admit it felt really good to do this. When it was almost 9:30 I stopped and walked back to my room.

I found Ava exactly where I left her, but she was sleeping with her feet pointing towards the headboard, Birdy in her arms being held tight, butt cocked up and a small amount of drool falling from her mouth.

Running my shower, I step in washing away all the grime, then just letting the water help my sore muscles.

I didn't know exactly how Ava would react to me not being around, I mean it's only been a few hours, and she wasn't a new born so I was hoping things would just go smoothly. I couldn't put my finger on it, but I have to wonder why in three years time she never once shifted on her own... I mean had Gabe and his family never once spoke of how exactly you shift? Lets say someone shifted when they were supposed too did no one speak out loud about how to shift back?

As I thought of this I wanted to know what would be a reason for her not to shift when she was with Gabriel, I think that there was a reason. The only emotion or reason behind that I could find to explain why it took her 3 years to shift was, fear. Which only brought up more questions, what did she fear at Gabriel's house, he lived with the colts and his parents while there was another pack mansion near them but if she feared someone from his family but felt protected with him that could explain never shifting.

That made me feel better, she felt safe enough to shift here, to show her human self.

After getting dressed, I went to my art studio picked up supplies, placed them in my knapsack. Walking back to my room I saw that Ava was starting to wake up.

When she sat up looking around her eyes found mine and she gave me a small smile, before trying to leave my bed and stumble slowly over to me. Picking her up I walked down to the kitchen, saw everyone waiting minus Noah, who had night watch so was asleep and Molly who was probably already at the hospital with Jamie.

"Morning you guys..." walking toward Andrea knowing they probably told her that I wanted her to watch Ava while I was gone.

"Ava, this is Andrea," I said pointing to her, when I tried to hand her over all the whimpering quickly stopped that plan.

"Sorry I'm not sure this will work," realizing that I tried handing her over to the wrong person at this moment.

"Ava, this is Casey. Good. Friend. Safe. No hurt okay? Good Casey," I repeated, hoping she would understand.

"I have school, you will stay with Casey. Good Casey," holding on to me she spoke for the second time "C-Casey."

"Casey mine," she said and I swear Casey was in shock but smiling so wide that his mouth had to hurt.

"Yes, Casey is yours," I said wanting to laugh knowing I wasn't the only one. His brothers had a look of glee while also biting their lips to not be laughing on the floor that his mate is a little kid right now.