Chapter 16

AN: NOT EDITED. Really.

Chapter Sixteen- Gabriel POV (Being Set Straight)

I sat there in complete doubt; surely she didn't understand what I had said. "Mom she did cheat on me! With my brothers mate no less!" I said, explaining the situation once again.

"No she didn't cheat on you Gabriel...  Samuel was home all night, not once did we hear a thing from his room except maybe him and your brothers playing video games... If his mate cheated on him, so much as kissed your mate he would have been in pain, screeching," she trailed off watching me as I shook my head back and forth.

"Why would he have been in pain?" I asked confused. "If she cheated Gabe you wouldn't have slept perfectly fine last night, you would have been in pain, some experience it so bad they try to take their own lives, unsuccessfully of course but still..."

"Don't you remember your father explaining to all the young men in our pack about what happens when mates are unfaithful? All the talks when mates aren't ready to be mated down and want to play the field? Any of those ring a bell?" she asked me, although it came out as if she was speaking to a child.

Because you acted like a child...

"I never had to go, Maggie isn't my true mate and I never marked her, I heard rumors but thought it was an old wives tale or something, I mean no one rejects their mates." I defended, but she was looking at me oddly.

"Gabriel," she sighed, "you've been focused on one thing, our Pack since Katie went missing during that attack. Maggie wasn't your mate so you were able to run around treating these other little girls like shit, and Maggie would never know. I knew, but I hoped that one day either you would get serious about her or she would figure out that you weren't serious about her and let you go."

"Your mate, how you've treated her..." she said shaking her head, "that's not how you're meant to treat them. I don't even know where to begin to help you understand how you've fumbled around in just 24 hours."

"First you said she's nothing like Audrey? Why is Audrey even important here?" she questioned.

"Well they're twins, I know Maggie and Madeline aren't twins but they act so much alike, I figured that Audrey and Chelsea would be alike. I didn't want to have some type of spoiled brat as my mate. I thought tough love." I tried once again to defend my actions but even to myself it sounded pathetic.

"I don't know what I'm doing, mom." I grumbled. "With Maggie it would be so much easier I wouldn't have to give anything up, I wouldn't have to change what I did, or how I interacted with everyone. But with my Mate, I would. The thought of being around the Colts' it makes her sick, I could feel what she felt when she saw them, being around them," I explained truthfully.

"I- I ... I had all these plans, ways to help our pack, but..."

"What?" she prodded. I couldn't word my thoughts yet so I just looked down running my hands through my hair.

"You know why your father doesn't like her?" my mom asked surprisingly, my head flying right back up looking into her eyes in shock.

"I –I... yes, well... no not really I mean I know he wants me with Maggie but-" I answered clueless at the moment.

"Maggie is weak, she was not meant to be the mate of an Alpha but your father has deals made with her grandfather, deals that require you or your brothers ending up with her but I need you to understand how I see things Gabriel. Yesterday, sitting next to your mate you looked complete. You hung on her every movement, and I watched you gazing at her in a way I've never seen you look at anyone. I love your father, he's my mate but the situation he's in right now is not yours to deal with. I know you better than anyone right now, you got scared and you're doing everything in your power to push that girl away."