Chapter 17

AN:  Not edited.

Chapter Seventeen- Changes (Gabe POV)

It was already nearing 4pm in the afternoon I had been sitting not really talking to mom just thinking and planning inside my head what needed to be done and how everyone would react to my initial plan. Around 3:30 she had left her main office to go speak to a client, so I stayed contemplating my next move.

I had proceeded recklessly, beyond stupid and very selfish and right now it was crunch time, I doubt my little mate would put up with any of my bullshit anymore but there really was a lot I had to explain. If she would even give me a chance and listen I knew I would be able to convince her to give me a chance, but I had to be honest and put myself out there.

Putting myself out there was the hard part, in my opinion I could say that most people knew my reputation, knew I cold and uncaring, as a man and as a future Alpha. I remember my parents saying that although the man purchasing the land had a werewolf daughter she did not interact with anyone really and she would be attending school for the first time. While we had money, the type of money dad needed had to be legal, so the above-board way to get those funds was to sell land we owned legally.

Yes I had cheated on my mate, I didn't have sex but still I knew I was in the wrong here... I just needed to get her to start completely over with me, and this time instead of thinking of my Pack, my father and Maggie I would think solely of my mate. Before I hadn't made her a priority but my mom was right, the way I treated her was not how one would treat a mate and what I had to do I know without a doubt that it was the right thing for me. It might not be what everyone would be okay with, but I had to admit I didn't give a fuck. I wouldn't fully abandon my family but I didn't create this catastrophe, my father had and his father before him. This was the type of family business that I was born into but if I needed to get out for my mate, then I would and no one could blame me. I felt bad that I would be pulling out this way but I had to, I couldn't risk the rest of my personal life for this family business life.

There were a few things I knew for sure about my decisions, it would cause a tsunami's not just minor waves. When our connections learned that I had stepped down, that they would be dealing with my father for much longer than anyone of them had probably wanted it would cause trouble. It wasn't that I was going to leave my pack high and dry but from now on I was going to put Chelsea first. Our family motto was 'family first,' and while some might not think of her as 'family,' she is who I was meant to be with, create a family with and I couldn't ignore that.

Hopefully when I explained everything to Chelsea I could get her to accept not just me as her mate, but the work that my family did. However if she couldn't come to terms I knew that I would just ask for time to help them get settled without me and then pull out. I knew people would think I was some type of punk or bitch, but people with mates, that had found their other halves like I found mine I could only hope they'd understand.

Then that brought new problems to consider... the type of people that would not understand what a mate was and would go after Chelsea all to get me back on board. It would be like putting an x on her fucking back. I'd need to make sure she's protected more than she is now... I'm surprised dad didn't tell her what type of mate she had ended up with.

I was flipping through scenarios in my head, if I stepped down then naturally Samuel would be next in line but considering Chelsea's friend is in her pack and Samuel found his mate in her pack I doubt Samuel would even take the roll if Jamie wouldn't join his pack. That left Andrew and Ethan, they'd need to be trained and cultivated to take over for dad when the time came and if I didn't want them killed I would have to help them naturally. One major reason why I couldn't just ignore my family, I would do anything for Chelsea especially since I fucked up but I would not just pull out without having checks in place so that they would function without me. As of now Andrew and Ethan were both in high school and planning to go away to school but that wouldn't be happening if I stepped down to work things out with Chelsea first. They'd need to be trained, let in on the deep operations of our family business.

They probably wouldn't understand now why I couldn't just step up but they didn't understand, neither had found their mates as of yet. I was so deep in thought that I barely noticed when my mother walked back into her office.

"You look like you've figured a few things out," she said knowingly, wearing a sad face.

"I know what has to be done now, all bullshit aside, she can't reject me. The bond can't be broken but she doesn't have to forgive me and honestly, I'm not sure I would want her to just forgive me for this monumental screw up." I explained.

Standing up to leave mom spoke, "No matter what Gabriel you can stop by my office anytime and bring your lovely mate along." I gazed at my mom, I'm not sure she knew what I was planning exactly but I think she had an idea and she knew the discord it would bring between my father, Pack and I. It was good to know that no matter what she would have my back with my up coming decision, I wasn't sure that doing this would be enough to make up for being such an asshole to my mate but I was hoping that this would be a step in the right direction.

"Okay I have a mate to get back," I said dramatically hoping things would turn out for the best. My mother came closer and gave me a hug, pulling away she raised her hand to my cheek, looking me over and said "Do good, son." Finishing with a tight sad smile, she knew.

As I left my mom's building walking back to my car I knew for a fact that this was probably something I should have done yesterday, last night at dinner but I had all the wrong priorities then but now I think I had a better handle on what needed to happen. Sitting in my car I had to think of what type of mate I was given, any other woman that I had experience with all I had to do was buy some ostentatious type of jewelry, add a crappy apology and all was forgiven. However with my mate I knew that it would never be that simple, she had money and I had seen her room and closet she wasn't into the flashy type of things other girls were into. I was sure that I would have walked into a room that Pepto-Bismol had vomited all over but that was far from what I saw. It was completely all white, I didn't even see any makeup not that my mate needed that stuff to begin with.

.

.

I drove to Chelseas and could tell right away how I'd be treated, even though I deserved what was coming to me. "Is Chelsea home?" I still asked but realized that this guy probably knew what I had done and wasn't going to just let me up to speak to my mate.

"Look I really need to explain to her what happened," I continued speaking although he was ignoring me.

"I didn't mean to cheat on her," I said but that was just plain stupid of me because the man stopped walking turned to me letting out a snarl before speaking.

"She's a very special girl and you treated her like nothing," he spat at me.

I shook my head, "I'm not here to make excuses for my behavior right now, and I just need to speak to her."

"She isn't here yet, she gave orders that you weren't to be let up to the main house. Not that I can blame her," he said and I knew that the last part of his statement was a blow at me but I deserved it so I just let it go for now.

"Can I wait here for her to get back?" I asked but knew that no matter what I was asking, or whatever his reply would be it would be of no consequence, to whether I left or not. If I weren't in the doghouse with her right not, I wouldn't even bother with common courtesy. So while my nerves grew I sat on the hood on my car and waited for Chelsea to return home.

.

.

.

_________

© 2016 roxann_season All Rights Reserved

Follow. Vote (if you liked it). Comment (if you have something to say).