Chapter 9 & Chapter 10

AN: not edited.

Chapter 9 - Truth and Lies (Gabriel's POV)

Checking her thoughts I see that she's counting, so knocking gently then waiting I hear her say softly "come in."

Using my instincts and deciding that I needed to set this entire situation straight about what was going to happen I began speaking almost immediately, knowing that if I gave her time to speak first my resolve would shift.

She thought she was stronger than us, that I was weak but she was incorrect, she might be a flight risk but after watching Audrey grow up I knew that them being twins meant they were somewhat alike. Audrey was stubborn and quite frankly a big brat, and the Beta and his wife spoiled her rotten. I wouldn't do that with Chelsea, if she were going to be my Luna I needed her to understand things about my family, hers and me.

"Okay Chelsea, first about Jay and Rian I know you don't know their sides so I'm going to tell you okay? And I understand that you angry and not interested but as my mate they are a part of my life."

I said as she sat down facing me on her sofa, not speaking or showing any sign to interrupt me I continued.

"Jay and Rian aren't true mates. They fell in love as friends, and then when he told her about wolves she gave up her human family for him. He's about 87 years old, when the pack needed him and my dad to step up he married then mated Rian. They had Ames and then right after, Madeline and Maggie, but when they were 5 and 4 years old he met your biological mom."

"The thing is if a lower member of a pack mates with someone else that is not the chosen mate, the mate bond goes away but not for an Alpha, Elder, Beta or third. When he met your mom he had a lot of responsibility. Three kids, Rian had been changed for him, plus his pack he couldn't just abandon them so he made a sacrifice. When he met your mom the mate bond was strong, she didn't know about Rian and they mated, but he didn't mark her. Your biological mom, he told her to go away because he had his family." I took a breath and continued my explanation.

"Rian was so depressed worried he would leave her but he loved her, your mom too but he had to pick so he did. No one in our pack blamed him for mating with your mom because they understood it was something he couldn't control but choosing to abandon all the promises he made to Rian, he just couldn't be with your mom. When he told your mom to leave, he was looking out for her too because no one treated her well... The worst place she could be was with our pack, if there were an attack she would be sacrificed, no one would defend her, keep her safe so he had to send her away. When she left Rian made him swear he would never see her again. It took sometime but she forgave him for being intimate with your mom."

"Four months later someone left Audrey on the edge of our pack lines with a note saying who her father was. At first Rian wanted him to give up Audrey but everyone knew that he wouldn't be able to function well with that. Male wolves are very protective of their pups, but Rian thought that if he kept her that one day your mom would come back and now that they had a child together, she was a chosen mate that he would leave her and be with your mom." I explain, remember that time but also having heard the story from my mom just recently.

"At first Rian, she never wanted to hold Audrey. After two months when she saw the hurt that caused she came around, became Audrey's mom. We're all pretty tight nit and Rian had him agree that he shouldn't go looking for his mate because she left his child with him. Everyone was convinced that your mom left Audrey so that your dad would go looking for her. He just didn't fall for it though, he was repulsed by what she did, and she just left Audrey, her own pup. You're dad didn't abandon you Chelsea and he never knew you existed. That's the truth..." I trailed off.