Chapter 25 - Chapter 29

A/N: NOT EDITED.

Chapter Twenty-Five - Alpha to Mate (Gabe's POV)

We all faced the door to see a different doctor than before.

"Hi I'm the head doctor for," he glanced at the clipboard in his hand, "Audrey Colt."

The human doctor glanced around. "Can we speak privately?"

Jay and Rian got up and walked out of the private room we were in.

"How could you do this to us?" Scarlet said angrily.

"Mixed company Scarlet," my father silenced whatever else she had to say, then said 'mixed company' snorted.

"The Gavino crime family, you aren't much of a secret."

"Money laundering."

"Drug trafficking."

"Tax fraud..."

"Gun smuggling."

My fathers face was steel, we never confirmed or denied whatever we were accused of, but I had already came clean.

"Chelsea's my mate, I told them and her about us," after what he did I didn't care anymore. He talked to Scarlet and my brothers constantly about how amazing mates were but I find my other half and he's determined to take her away from me.

"No, we will handle this at home," he said his voice held authority that before when I was 10 years old intimated me. Getting up, he walked to the door, my siblings and Ames following him.

When everyone from my old pack left leaving just Sam and my mother she leaned closely to me kissing my cheek and whispered softly to me, "sono fiero di voi Gabriel."

Pulling away she turned to Sam "Ho sollevato che lei è un uomo migliore."

As she walked out of the room I heard a few snickers, of course they knew Italian.

"What's with your attitude?" I asked Sam not caring that his mates sister was still in the room.

"I don't know man, he's just... when I thought about getting a mate I imagined him without any strings. I know Chelsea's your mate but its like he's making her his first priority. He took two bullets for her man; I just know that instead of thinking of me, how I would feel if he dies? He put her first and she has you to do that," he said sounding heartbroken. I could see where this was going, could see his point but I didn't know how to answer that, I didn't do pep talks and romance.

"You are an idiot, honestly you'd think you guys never interacted with mates, Watched your parents interact, siblings?" Violet groaned.

"Sam I've known Jamie for years he's never had a friend. He wasn't popular and well liked by everyone, Chelsea met him ad in one night they bonded over math. He was going to NYU Stern, left it to follow Molly, and wouldn't have made it in time to start this fall semesters at USC. He talked to her freely and in two hours he was in her classes, his required one and they're both graduating this semester."

"The boy can't cook, he ate Chelsea's cooking that first night and declared that as long as he lived with Chelsea could eat her food he'd sleep anywhere," said Jack.

Violet sighed, "She is his first true friend, you came to her house to watch Maggie kill her. The only person that's made him feel like he has nothing to prove."

"He was helping his friend and you should be happy he did that because if she would have been hurt by you or your pack, it would hurt him."

"You don't need to understand why they are close but you have to accept it... He isn't interested in her romantically." Violet finished and gave Samuel time to adjust, play around with what she just said.