Chapter three I Hate Rich Kids

Chapter three

I Hate Rich Kids

“Shit!” I bolted up right and clasped my forehead was a trembling hand. 

The night air began to cool my sweat soaked body. I closed my eyes and reminded myself that it was really. It was all in my head. Taking a few deep breathes, I grabbed my phone off my nightstand. 2:43 glowed on the screen when I turned it on.

Stepping out of bed, I stood and stumbled toward the bathroom, nearly falling over my shoes. I turned on the light and instantly regretted it as my head throbbed and my eyes burned. I turned on the sink and threw some water on my face. I rest my forehead on the counter, staring at the floor as I kept telling myself it wasn’t real. 

“Oh god,” I muttered, sinking to the ground and leaning up against the wall. I wrapped my arm around still feeling his touch prickle my skin. Getting myself under control, I stood and staggered across my bedroom. 

Going into the kitchen, I ripped open the door to my out of date refrigerator and grabbed one of the beer can I had stocked it with the day before. I wasted no time, opening it and chugging the contents. My body was still trembling as image floated around my head. I grabbed another can and tried to drink it in one go. The alcohol went down the wrong tube, and I ended up throwing most of it up in the trash. I dropped to my knees and gasped for air. 

The tears came quickly, and I crumbled to the ground. Curling up in a ball, I began to sob. “I sorry, Jimmy. I’m so sorry.”

***

I called in sick to work after waking up still laying on the kitchen floor and went straight to Michael instead. I needed to drowned my memories out and returned to that numb state that kept me going everyday. 

Another text message came in from Emma. I didn’t read it and decided to turn off my phone all together. Frank brought me over another drink as I laid my head on the counter. 

“Rough night?”

“You could say that,” I replied, sitting up only long enough to take a drink. 

“You should really see someone, ya know,” he suggested giving me a worried look. “It ain’t health living like that.”

I glared at him. “You’re lecturing a prostitute about being healthy. Seriously? Well sorry to disappoint you, but I’m not buying it.” I snatched my drink off the counter and went to sit in a corner booth. My life was a piece of shit wether it ended today or fifty years down the road I guess that for god to decided, because I could careless.

“You Bret.” 

Glancing over my shoulder, I saw a young man with a darker complexion standing behind me. I tuned to face him properly and gave him a look over. By the watch and high end clothing, I knew his type already. Rich kid. I hate them, plain and simple.

“Beat it, I don’t play game with kid like you.”

He gave me a cocky grin that really rub me the wrong way before sitting down. “I’m willing to pay.”

“Well of course you are, because I’m not free,” I said with a cocky grin of my own.

“How much?”

I leaned back in my seat. “For a price, anything you want.” I locked eyes with him but unfortunately I can tell this one was serious. 

“Money not the issue here. Everyone here says your the guy to go to for a good time.”