18 ~ Stubborn

😭😭😭20000 reads... it doesn't even sound true... unrelated but Wattpad is a completely different me if that even makes sense... if you go to my friends and ask about me I'd be the innocent, smart one and so I can't really talk to any of my friends about this. My parents are just out of the question, I barely ever talk to them.. and I just wanted to thank you so much for reading and commenting ilysmm -T

18+ WARNING . quite honestly don't know how much of an effect that has but :) the next 2 chapters are also going to have this warning and they'll be out soon too!

-----------------

Y/n's POV

"Babe back here." I hear Selena call across the room. She was sitting next to Hayden at the back of the room. Didn't seem like Draco was there yet. I breathed out as I made my way to my seat in front of Selena. "So Snape came in, gave out these papers, and left in a hurry. Apparently, he had to talk to Dumbledore about that kid from Gryffindor." "Oh okay, what do the papers say?" "Kay so, 'For this project we will combine Horace Slughorn's potions and my Defence Against Dark Arts-', isn't that just great." She rolled her eyes and continued, "'The project will be split into 3 parts, for the first, you will have to break into pairs in your groups and work on a potion called Partverita.'" Of course, this is the moment Draco graces us with his presence. "You two seem like a cute couple, me and y/n will work together then." "Okay, hold on though, there's more, 'It is an easier version of Veritaserum that you will concoct. The other pair in your group will try the potion so do not mess up. Turn to page 394 in your textbooks for all the information you need.'" After she was done Hayden spoke up, "So we can leave?" Selena shrugged, "I guess so, he didn't say anything else."

"Great, I need a second for a plan with Filch, George and Fred are helping too. Either of you two interested?" Before he could finish his sentence, Selena nodded and replied, "Yes. I can help." He took her hand and they left me and Draco in the room alone.

The other groups had barely stayed for a minute and you could cut the tension in the room with a knife. I hadn't even had the power to look at him yet. But I could feel him staring. I picked up the paper and pretended to read it as I remembered this morning. The thunder had stopped now and the picture of him smiling down at me stuck in my head. I'd never seen him smile like that before.

With all the courage I had, I turned over to look at him. His elbows rested on his thighs as he looked across at me. "Finally, if I didn't know better, I would have thought you were trying not to look at me." I grinned. He had a gleam in his eyes and he wasn't smiling. Wasn't frowning either though. Just analyzing me. Lost in his eyes, from the corner of mine, I saw his hands grip the table pushing his chair back. You could see his veins, clear as day, till they dived under the sleeve of his button-up. He was wearing rings, a lot of them. One that caught my attention, was this silver one, it had emerald gems embedded across the front. It made the shape of an infinity shape. Apart from that, there were a few other thick ones and of course the classic Slytherin snake ring.

Looking at the rings I didn't see him moving closer till he was next to my ear. He whispered, "See you around, princess" He, and his rings, unfortunately, left the room. I got up and picked up my textbook to see his also. I'd just have to find him and give it back to him before Potions.

-----------

Herbology flew by and I headed to the dining room to find Draco. I sat next to Hayden across Blaise. "How was the prank?" Blaise questioned, "What prank? Why wasn't I invited?" Everyone laughed as I answered, "While we were in Herbology, they pranked Filch. So how was it? Wait- what was it?" "Well, Filch has just switched places with his true love." Selena giggled when I asked, "Filch? True love? I swear the only thing he loves is that cat of his." I rolled my eyes before I realized. "Guys! No! Really?" Everyone laughed at the thought of Filch as a cat.