34 ~ Surprise

If you are still here reading this fanfic, for the last time on this story, I love yall so much thank you so much for the comments, votes and follows. The story's reads had its ups and downs but I would have never thought it would have gotten as high as it did at its peaks. So here you go, the final. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

----------

Y/n's POV

"Here you go darling, has the headache subsided yet?"

Her voice still echoed, and I felt as if I carried tons of my head, "Yes it's a lot better now thank you, Mrs. Malfoy."

"Ah just call me Narcissa-" "Or Cissy like I like to call her!"

Her face frowned at the boy that stood on the other side of the table, as he stood with his smug smile. I don't know when she learned about her son's death, but she was dealing with it well. And I still felt like I didn't know everything I should.

"The Malfoy Manor is heavily protected, it's got guards and shields, no one should be able to get in without alerting us. But your necklace carries the greatest power. Be sure not to take it off. When the death eater tries to touch you, it should burn straight through them. You have nothing to worry about darling."

Her arm patted my shoulder, and I moved away. "Oh no, I have never willingly harmed anyone, it won't have any effect on me. My little boy was the genius of the family."

She sighed as she went to the kitchen, leaving the two of us on the table.

"Blaise-"

"Before you ask, there's more reason not to tell you anything now. He could easily slip into your mind and take the information. We can't have that happening."

I nodded as I took a sip of the tea Narcissa had placed in front of me.

And just silence.

Draco's POV

And just silence.

They were gone. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding, as I looked around against the shield. The locket that coated my neck, rattled slightly. I wanted to storm out of this and kill the death eaters that kept passing.

I'd killed 2. I don't think I'd ever felt guilty about killing the people Voldemort had made me before.

One year,

One girl,

And everything changes.

And that was all that was stopping me from mass murdering the group that strolled in front of me.

The thought of her.

Her innocence.

Her perfection.

2 days, it could have been a lot worse. Taken me a lot more time.

The picture of her fresh in my mind as the next group walked across in front of me.

I just had to make it back home. Home to her. Home to the sword and the other Horcruxes. Mom had said she would have her there waiting for me. And as long as she was wearing the necklace, there was nothing that could go wrong.

But getting there was the hard part. With death eaters at every corner, I couldn't predict where they'd show up. I was allowed to apparate, kill, torture, whatever cause of the power Voldemort placed in my wand. But now using it would just give him my location.

Slow and steady.

Just for her.

Y/n's POV