4 ~ Him Again

Ahhhh we made it past 200 reads! I know it's probably not to much but I'm really happy sooo thankuu!
———————
Harry's POV

"Oh." Her dad's a Slytherin. I looked over at her looking back at me and thought about how she would never fit in Slytherin. She was sweet and smart, I could imagine her in every house apart from Slytherin. There was no way she could be in Slytherin. I thought about all the girls I knew from that house, Pansy, and Astoria and she didn't seem like any of them. I knew that just because her father had been Slytherin doesn't mean she was like him but just how? I didn't realize how silent the compartment had gotten after my question until Hermione spoke up.

"What house do you think you're going to get sorted in y/n?" "Well quite honestly I thought a lot about it but I'm still not sure. I took this weird online quiz things few times, from some website called Pottermore or something and it gave me a few different answers. These muggles they just believe everything." A moment later I understood what she had just explained and quickly exclaimed, "What!? Do Muggles know about the houses? What do you mean!?" I saw Ron had the same expression as me while y/n and Hermione just chuckled at my shock. "No silly, they just have overactive imaginations. Like it's a story or something.", Hermione tried to explain. "They don't understand it properly though. I had a friend who knew about this Pottermore website and she thought all Slytherins were just evil.", y/n went on, "I'm pretty sure my dad wasn't though."

It took me a second but when I figured out what she had just said my head jerked over to look at her looking down at her lap fiddling with her nails. Hermione seemed to have already figured it out as you could see the frown on her face and Ron was.. well just being Ron. Another moment later Ron yells out, "Bloody hell, hold on a minute. What do you mean you're pretty sure?" I swear I wanted to hit my forehead with my palm. First of all why the hell would he say that to her? Can't he see how upset she is? And next, did he not realize that she said 'wasn't'? Similarities between me and her.

Y/n's POV

I could see I ruined the mood of everyone in the room and before I could think of something to say Ron spoke up, "Bloody hell, hold on a minute. What do you mean you're pretty sure?" I looked up, confused, but he seemed pretty oblivious so I just muttered something like, "Well I never really knew him, and um my mom doesn't talk about him so he uh I know he's Slytherin but my moms really sweet so I don't- I don't think she'd go for someone evil or like- Um- some type of murder but I just guess that since she isn't with him he's- well- he's- um dead" I could see Ron's eyes grow as he understood what he had just said, "Oh wow y/n I'm so sorry." Harry reached over and put his arm over my shoulder.

They don't know me too well and I didn't expect them too but I'm not too good at handling pity. Luckily for me, I felt the old train shudder and pull to a stop before they had a chance to try to make me feel like everything was perfect and it would all be fine. But never knowing my dad, and my mom never being there to tell me about him was a hole in me that wouldn't be that easy to fill. So I quickly got up and took the few steps to the window just to crouch down and try to get a good view of what would be my home for the next few months. I saw this beautiful river and lit up behind it was a majestic building. It seemed like a palace and looked so much better than Beauxbatons. The students were nice, the teachers were nice and it was beautiful. I had seen it before the end of last year when I met Dumbledore but wow.

            As we all got out of the compartment there was a crowd trying to get out and I managed to lose everyone but Harry who had his arm around me again. We walked off together laughing about something or the other until we got to the carriages. We had walked over really slowly and the way he kept looking slightly down at me and smiling I couldn't help but smile back. I haven't told anyone but Beauxbatons was a pretty strict school so I hadn't had a boyfriend yet. I had my first kiss ages ago but nobody perfect. Harry had everything I wanted in a boyfriend, I think so. Even though I thought about it a lot, getting a boyfriend, I don't think I would realize if the perfect person would be staring at me in the face.

            Wait a minute. Harry James Potter? That was his name. I was so sure I'd heard of it before. I could remember someone yelling about it and I felt my head aching. Harry had his arm over my shoulder and I guess he felt me slowly falling down. His arm kept me up and he asked, "y/n are you okay?" I kept thinking about where I heard that name before and I knew I was about to fall over. I felt as though I was about to blackout for just a moment before I snapped back to reality and replied a minute later, "I'm not sure I think I'm just tired." Here was this really sweet guy and I wasn't gonna lose him cause of some memory I don't even know was real. He looked at me worried but didn't say anything. He was talking about Hermione and Ron and how they had always had a thing for one other but no one had made it completely official until really recently.

            By the time we made it to the carriages he was telling me about how pretty they were and hopefully we would make it in time. The last carriage was ours and we both got on sitting opposite waiting for it to start talking about Beauxbatons. The animals that were pulling the carriages started walking slowly and I leaned over to watch them and when I came back Harry looked at me like he'd just seen a ghost. "You can see them?" I was so confused wondering if I'd done something wrong. "The animals, pulling the carriage, do you see them?" "Yeah, they're beautiful, why?" Before Harry had a chance to reply the animals froze in their tracks. I looked over again worried. "What's wrong with them?" "I'm not sure, but wait, you can actually see the Thestrals?" I really didn't understand why he was so shocked but I didn't have time to ask as I saw someone walking over to the carriages.

            I could see his hair shine in the darkness and his eyes glimmer. He had his hands in his pockets and he walked like he was the most important person. He took his time to get on the carriage and Harry got up to be at his eye level. They both seemed about the same height but the complete opposite of each other. Draco pushed past Harry and sat next to me. He put his arm behind me onto the top of the carriage backrest. Everything around him just seemed to turn cold and dark. I completely forgot what I and Harry had been talking about as I shifted uncomfortably in my seat. He looked over to me and then to the Thestrals and they started moving as if nothing had happened. The rest of the ride had been pretty quiet and awkward. Draco started ahead lost in thought and Harry's head turned to him at random moments to give him an angry look. It was obvious the two didn't like each other.

Draco's POV

              A flick of my hands and the Thestrals stopped moving. Harry tried to stand up and stare at me but I didn't have the energy for his dumb games. I decided to sit next to the girl better than sitting next to the 'chosen one'. I realized it was the same girl from the train ride and looked at her for a second before sitting down. She was pretty, sort of, like every other girl I fucked but I don't know she didn't look at me like they all did. Good, it was starting to get on my nerves. She was a bloody Gryffindor so I didn't really give a crap. Few minutes into the ride I could feel Harry's glare on me and my arm that was sort of around her. I smelt her perfume and it was really hypnotizing. It smelt of flowers and sugar. Kind of addictive. I looked over at her and she seemed nervous. She was playing with her skirt and I looked up at her face. She had beautiful eyes and long eyelashes. Her makeup was light and she had a glow around her. As nervous as she was she didn't seem afraid and it bothered me. Why wasn't she trying to talk to me? Flirt with me? I've been hanging around Pansy too much. I need to get better girls. I quickly removed this girl from my mind and tried to think about something else. But wait. What was her name? Shit. Doesn't matter.

            The Thestrals slowly came to a stop and I got off without giving those two so much as a glance. I heard her laugh and quickly turned around. I saw Harry help her off the carriage but she jumped off with one step. Why I looked back I'm not sure. I swear there's something wrong with me.