~Chapter 24~

Nicki's POV

My entire body was paralyzed. I slowly rolled back in control, Val knowingly retreating in the back of my mind without a sound. The rouge was frozen. A pissed alpha in his presence, and to top off the cake, he had threatened the alphas mate. He looked like he was going to piss himself. Tyler's eyes were completely gold, his wolf was controlling him.

Without delay, the rouge was pinned to the ground. The rouge submitted to Ty, but that didn't stop him from tearing the rouge apart. I couldn't believe my eyes. Tyler Woods, the artist, the alpha, the nerd, the innocent, my mate was killing someone. Not only that but he was going to do it again as soon as he laid eyes on Aaron.

I wanted to stop him, but I couldn't go against him. Even though I wouldn't be harmed in the process, I was still a small alpha wolf. I had advantages of being fast, but not very strong. Ty's wolf was 3 times larger than me.

I gulped as he finished off the rouge, turning to me. He let out a powerful growl, wanting to make me submit. He was an alpha, after all. 'Ty' I mindlinked him, afraid to hear his wolf's voice instead.

He blinked, his golden eyes spilling with flecks of blue. I didn't want to scare him, so I walked over slowly and rubbed my snout in his fur. 'N-Nicki?' he questioned, his voice sounding too innocent. So innocent I couldn't believe he had killed the rouge.

'Ty, oh my goddess, you shifted.' I sent him.

'I.... My wolf killed that... Rouge or whatever you call it. He kept saying something.'

I grew nervous, 'What did he say?'

Suddenly, a thunderous growl came to my senses. I turned to the large black wolves. 3 of them; my dad, Nick, and Cole.

They were accompanied by smaller brown wolves which were the third in command, second in command, and warriors.

Tyler growled and stepped in front of me, 'Protect mate.'

I gulped as my father and brothers had a stare down with Tyler. I was surprised they still didn't know that Tyler was my mate. But that would give them all the more reason to hate him. Tyler was ready to kill and I knew that.

They most likely didn't know who Ty was, because he had just shifted. They definately knew he was an alpha because his fur color was black.

Ty narrowed his eyes at them, 'Protect mate.' he repeated, but he told it to my brothers and father too. I felt as if my blood had grown cold as Nick and Cole stared at me in shock. 'Run Nicki.' Tyler told me.

'But I-'

'Run!' I didn't delay further, I took off into the woods, not exactly knowing where I was going. I was scared, and I was lost. A familiar black wolf ran passed me but slowed down so I could keep up. 'Follow me.' I was able to follow him, but he would sometimes quicken his pace. I couldn't help but wonder what happened with my dad and brothers. Did they try to attack Ty? Did they speak to him? Were they hurt? Ty was pretty much capable of anything, and he wasn't even himself at the moment. I had no choice but to trust him, no matter how hard I didn't want to.

He was my mate after all, and I was trying to support his decisions. Sure, this decision could possibly lead him to death, but if he refused to step down, I had no choice but to accept it. At least there was a higher chance of Aaron being killed because he had shifted.

Ty slowed down, and I nearly ran into him. I was too caught up in my thoughts. I came to a halt, sliding a little, but it was easy to regain my balance. I held my head up and was shocked to see we were at The Fields.