Joy

!TRIGGER WARNING!
light mention of abuse

Enjoy!

What?!

Why?!

Why now?!

Thank God.

Oh my fucking god!

What the fuck?!

All these thoughts raced around in Hiraeth's mind. One Direction meant everything to Hiraeth.

She was introduced to the band on Febuary 3rd, 2011, later than most people due to how perfect the band was when they were introduced to the world. She was 9 and listening to the radio with her mom. She heard the song What Makes You Beautiful and Hiraeth still remembers thinking, this is really cool, who are these people? When she got home that day, she looked more into the song and found out the artist of the song was the band One Direction. Almost a decade later, she couldn't be more thankful for the band that has the strongest fandom ever, the band that she idolizes and cries over, the band that saved her life.

The tears wouldn't stop. Hiraeth wasn't crying out of sadness, she was crying out of overexhilaration. She wanted to scream but she knew her dad would walk in. He'd hit her like he always did. Hiraeth had to tell someone, anyone, the good news. She did what she always did. Hiraeth played down, still in tears and a large smile plastered to her face, and stared up at her ceiling.

"They're back. Finally." Hiraeth calming explained. It was as if she was talking to herself but she knew they were listening.

"I wish I could still rant to you. I wish you could cry with me and explain that everything would be okay. I wish you were still here, Hannah."

She looked over to her bedside table and saw many photos. Not only on her table, but many on the wall. You could see ones taken at Homecoming dances, football games, amusement parks, weddings and even in the very room she was in.

She saw a picture of River. The last picture she got of him before... It was a picture of him and his dog, Riley, that he'd loved so very much. Riley was a golden retriever who ran unbelievably fast, her beautiful fur would always dance in the wind and her tailed waved at the sky. Riley truly was a amazing dog. River looked happy with her in the picture, he always did. He may have been a popular guy, but he wasn't stereotypical. He was very nice to those around him and never went a day without smiling. Hiraeth wondered how she was lucky to have him before everything.
"I miss you, love" Hiraeth told the pictures. She wasn't blaming herself now, though. That "stupid band" really did save her life. They changed everything.

Hiraeth, still filled with complete joy, yet eyes brimmed with tears of many meanings, rolled over and decided to listen to her music. She put in her earbuds and turned on her Larry/1D playlist. Yeah, she shipped the boys but she really just wanted them to be happy. She wanted them to be free. If Louis actually loved Eleanor, so be it. As long as hes happy. But Hiraeth refused to even despise Simon Cowell. He fucked up the boys' lives. It's his fault. All of it. Everything is his fault.

Instead of thinking about how fucked up the 1D boys' lives were, Hiraeth realized that she should probably go back to sleep. Yeah, yeah. One Direction was finally back together but they hadn't announced anything so why stay awake when she could get some sleep? Sleep she deserved.

As she began to shut her eyes, she heard the perfect voice. The voice so angelic that it saved her life. The voice that belonged to the one and only, Harry Styles.

If I could fly
I'd be coming right back
HOME
to you

A/N:

3rd chapter yay!! I'm truly sorry that this one, along with the others are quite short. I wanted to make them much, much longer but I want this story to be extended as long as possible.

No one asked but here are some things about the coming up events or just things in general about the story.

-LARRY

-Hiraeth will probably fall in love with someone along the way

-Hiraeth's name come from the beautiful word that means: the word for a home  that you cannot return to or a home that never was. For example, when you miss Hogwarts but you've never technically been becasue it isn't an actual place.

-I will put trigger warnings in every chapter that includes something triggering, even if its only lightly mentioned

-I will probably be trying to get lyrics into the chapters as much as I can

Now some things about me!

-My name is Maggie
-I'm a huffleclaw, more so hufflepuff though
-My favorite HS1 song is Sweet Creature
-My favorite Fine Line song is Canyon Moon
-My favorite Walls song is Two Of Us
-My favorite 1D songs are Steal My Girl, Hey Angel, Once In A Lifetime, If I Could Fly, I Would, Strong, Drag Me Down, No Control, 18, You And I, Happily, Irresistible and Diana (damn that's a lot)
-I love Green Day and The Fray
-I'm a Larrie
-Febuary 3rd, 2013 is the day I became a Directioner

I love you all!! Go drink some water ❤✨