Cutting

!!!!TRIGGER WARNING!!!!

Mention and description of self harm

She sat on her bed, crying like most nights. If you walked into her room right now, you could here Two Of Us by Louis Tomlinson playing. It was a song that meant a lot to her. You could also smell a candle burning. Lavender, a strong scent of it. Hiraeth personally hated the smell but it was a smell her best friend always adored. Before the accident...

Hiraeth turned off her music, not wanting to sulk around any longer. Today, at least. But then she started thinking. She started blaming herself. She thought it was her fault.

She turned to see it, the pocket knife that was always there. Backing up against her bed frame, Hiraeth grabbed the knife as she wiped away some of her tears. She held it to her wrist, wanting to cut so deep that she couldn't feel it anymore.

That's not true. She just wanted everything to be okay. She wanted everything to be the way it was before.

Hiraeth had attempted twice in the past year, not wanting to deal with grief. Both times her year younger brother, Dakota, had found her and immediately alerted someone.

Usually the cops due to the fact that their dad was always out getting drunk. Ever since Caroline - Hiraeth's mother - had passed, he had began acting like a bitch. Hitting Hiraeth, coming home drunk, just not caring about his children.

Hiraeth knew she shouldn't cut herself but she couldn't help it. She wanted to. Instead of her wrist, she raised the knife to her forearm and cut a shorter line than usual, drawing blood from her flawless skin.

Hiraeth was truly a beautiful girl but after everything that had happened in the last few years, she completely let herself go.

She cut herself three more times, not wincing or caring, but feeling numb to the pain she had been experiencing for some time.

Hiraeth did want to cut more, she really did, but she knew that she shouldn't. She set the pocket knife back down, seeing that the blood had dropped onto to carpet of her bedroom floor, and lied down before shutting her eyes and drifting off into a deep sleep, dreaming of all the things that would have, could have, and might have been.

A/N: How do you like it so far? I already have so many ideas for this story its insane. Anyways if there are any questions you'd like to ask or if you ever need to talk to me, feel free! Have a great day/night. I love you