Absolute Zero

A Month Later

You would think with a month of training with my household I would be prepared for just about anything that I could be facing, but as we gather to face the head of the Zoldyck family I start feeling worry. Iroh ended up joining us for our training, even using it as a chance to slim himself down to get himself into better fighting shape. I'm not sure if it bothers me that I know the old man was holding back against us earlier on, but either way I'm glad that he's on our side. He helped me enhance my fire and focus my lightning powers more, and now I don't feel completely worn out by using it. Killua also taught me some things about Nen so that I could use lightning like him, and it turns out that I'm a Transmuter like him so I'm able to use my powers in the same way. Not only that but he's also taught me some of the basics of his family's powers, and after all of that it's safe to say that I'm probably the one who had the most improvement from our month of training, even though most of it was Chrollo teaching me to be a better leader.

The team we've gathered for this raid is myself, Sona, Ravel, Ram and Rem, Dabi, Akame, Iroh, Killua, and Chrollo. I'm still not sure what I think about Sona coming with us, but she's been hardheaded and won't let me tell her no. This is something that we've tried to keep between the group of us living under my roof, though it hasn't been easy. We've still been going to school and I've just been stressed thinking about what's going to go down. The more I've given it thought I'm not even sure what I'll end up doing to Silva, but I guess only time will tell. The whole idea of going up against someone like him is still worrying to me, and I can only hope that we'll get the drop on him.

Flashback (Five Years Ago)

"So that's all I'm going to ask of you," Silva tells my father. "Surely the price I've named is fair considering what you're asking of us." There was no reason a twelve year old should have been listening to this conversation, but there I was. I saw the tall man staring my father down with very cold eyes, and his accompaniment was his son Illumi.

"That price is quite steep," my father answers. "I can't help but feel like you're asking too much for such a simple job." Silva crosses his arms.

"Well if it's so simple then do it yourself." Father never likes being talked to like that, and this time Silva had messed up, at least to Father. He stands up and spits at the elder Zoldyck, causing him to stand and grab my father by the collar of his shirt.

"Father!" I feel myself freeze, realizing there is nothing I could do to help him in this moment. Thankfully Ruval was in the room, and if it wasn't for his diplomatic abilities then Father would have died that day.

"Mr. Zoldyck, could you please unhand my father? We'll pay you the money that you've asked of us." Silva lets go of my father and he looks at Ruval like he just murdered somebody.

"What the hell are you doing son? We can't afford that much for something like this!" Silva smashes his fist on the table.

"Then stop wasting my time! Illumi, let's go." The two Zoldycks make their way to the door.

"You bastards," my father says through gritted teeth. Silva turns and runs back towards my father, punching him square in the jaw. He hits the ground and the two Zoldycks leave the mansion.

Present Time

"You ready to go?" I look at the door and see Killua coming my way.

"Yeah, just thinking about some things."

"You're worried aren't you?" I nod to the young Zoldyck. "Well you shouldn't be. You and everyone else worked so hard for this, so you shouldn't be worried about what's going to happen. Besides I'm going to be with you, and I'm ready to give that guy a piece of my mind."