Learn to Walk Again

Waking up in the Gremory mansion is an interesting experience to say the least. As I stir awake I feel Sona holding onto me still, but I've got something to take care of while we're here. I find my clothes and sneak out of the room as I try to stay quiet. I exit the room and one of the maids of the house notices me.

"Good morning Lord Y/N." It's been a little while since I've been called that directly. I bow to the maid.

"Good morning. I need to speak with Lord Lucifer if that's not a problem for you to take me to him."

"Not at all if you'll follow me." I do as she asks and as we go through the mansion I realize that the Gremorys have less luxury than my family does. We live in a castle whereas the Gremorys are in a mansion, that's it. My house in the human realm feels like it isn't much smaller than this, if I can still call it my house. The maid takes me to a large double door and bows before walking away. I open the doors and as I walk in I see Sirzechs and Grayfia speaking to each other.

"Ah, good morning Y/N. Come sit down, we were just talking about you." I join him at the desk he's sitting at.

"Listen Sirzechs, I'm going to be honest with you. After considering your offer further I'm not sure if it's something I can accept right now. If you are able to help me with something I'll give it more thought, but for now I cannot give it much thought." He raises an eyebrow. "It's simple, someone attacked yesterday, and I want to know who it was."

"I see," he responds. "Do you have any idea who it could have been?"

"All Riser said was it was a partner of the family. I don't think it would have been Ruval and Riser doesn't have the skills that this person did. My parents wouldn't get their hands dirty with this, and I know my mom didn't want any part of it either. It may be a long shot at this point, but I have to know who did this."

"What are you planning to do when you find this person?" I've been thinking about this since I escaped my home.

"I'm going to kill the fucker. In turn that will teach my family to leave me alone and I can live peacefully." Sirzechs' expression turns to one of concern.

"Do you think it could be a devil who did this?" That thought didn't even cross my mind.

"I don't have any suspects, but if I had to guess it isn't. I don't think there are any devils who could have tried to do that to me, either out of respect or fear. I'm going to gather my peerage and tell them to stay out of this. If you help me find out who it is then I can take care of them myself. They stepped on the one thing that truly defines me, my pride. I was broken yesterday because of what happened, and I'm not letting this person or thing get away with what they did to me."

"I see that hasn't changed about you." Sirzechs stands up. "I'll do what I can, but I won't promise I'll come up with anything. You should reconsider the idea of doing this alone though. This person may have backup, and you may not be able to take care of them all on your own."

"Fine," I huff. "But if they kill him before me I'm going to be pissed. While I wait I'm going to train, so let me know if you come up with anything." He nods and I leave the room. As I do I see Ram and Rem standing outside waiting for me. "You two heard that whole thing didn't you?"

"It isn't proper to eavesdrop but our devil hearing helped us out a lot," Ram answers. "We agree with Lord Lucifer and believe you should allow us to help you on this mission. You're very strong but you have no idea what you may be up against."

"I know, I know. I'm going to talk to Rias and Sona about training with me. You two should speak with Akame, Dabi, and Ravel. If the five of you work together you can accomplish a lot as a unit. Let me work with the Kings and try to improve as a leader and strategist. When the time comes we'll be able to take them on, but for now you two work with the others. Let them know what's going on, and if you see Uncle Iroh would you be able to send him my way?"