(14)

She dabbed the dampened cloth at my knuckles as I just continued to stare out of the window, even before the healer brought back the tonic the pain went away. It was like once I realized what was happening, my body instantaneously got better. It was like it was planned.

"These should start healing soon right? That's what Vial said," Adrianna said as she finished wiping away the blood.

"Yeah, it'll be fine," I huffed.

"What did you mean when you said the Alpha of the Supreme Blood Deity pack isn't a good person?" She questioned.

I shook my head and looked her into her eyes.

"Let's not talk about this right now, I Just want to spend time with my Luna and my puppy right now, it feels like it's been so long," I smiled at her. She looked down at me as her face lightly began to turn red from embarrassment.

"Well we missed you too, I didn't mean to interrupt your meeting the other day, Taylor wouldn't stop crying about how you didn't call her," She explained to me.

"Well then let's go get her and spend some quality time together before I get consumed by my duties," I quickly said as I stood up and lifted Adrianna to her feet.

"Well she is over your sister's house, I should probably give her a warning," She said nervously.

"No time for that, she'll have to deal with my presence," I growled and took Adrianna's hand.

Everyone knew it was a fact that my sister Azia Cadieux (Ah-zee-uh K-ah-jew) hated me with every cell in her body but I couldn't blame her, after what I did to our parents I would hate me too. It was a matter of the wrong place and wrong time with rumors and lies being twisted into her brain. Everyone knew me as the Alpha who murdered his parents for power when that wasn't the case at all. The only reason she was still in my life was because of Adrianna and Taylor, she pitied the fact that they were now apart of my family.

We walked through the pack hand in hand until we reached Azia and her mate's home. I knocked on the door and was immediately greeted by my little sister glaring at me.

"I thought I fucking told you to never show your face to me ever again?" She questioned as she stood in the doorway with her hands on her hips.

"I'm not in the mood for your bullshit, where is my puppy?" I asked with a bored expression on my face.

(A/N: Puppy is Kaiden's nickname for his daughter Taylor because she is his wolf cub.)

She rolled her eyes and moved out of the way so that we could enter her home and there sat Taylor quietly at the table as she doodled on a piece of paper.

"Greetings Alpha," My sister's mate Roman walked down the steps and bowed to me. He was a warrior originally from the Golden Light pack, he recognized that his pack wasn't as safe or suitable for my sister so he decided to live here in our pack with her. He was a tall guy with sandy brown hair and kind light brown eyes with a personality to match his eyes. There was always a switch he seemed to flip whenever he was actively on duty because whenever he was on patrol, there's never a kind light in his eyes.

"You don't need to bow to this joke of an Alpha, he wouldn't dare kill anyone else meaningful in my life," She hissed in my direction, the hate burning in her eyes as she looked at me. I couldn't say anything else but sigh.

I knew there wasn't going to be any type of resolution between my sister and I, our past was complicated and different, she never understood the relationship between my parents and I and I never understood theirs. My sister was the golden child and she was loved and spoiled, I was the Alpha to be, I was molded and beaten into the Alpha my parents wanted me to be. She spent her days being hugged and kissed, I spent my days going through torturous training and constantly beaten by my father until I learned what true pain was. This was what every Alpha in this pack went through to become the true leader, you had to learn what true pain was so you could know how to inflict it on others.