Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head

A/N: So it's been exactly a year since I've uploaded the first chapter of Love Like You to AO3! I feel like I've come so far with my writing, and it's fun to look back and see how the story has evolved! I can't wait to continue, and this story wouldn't be where it is without all of you! Thank you guys, and I hope you enjoy this one-year-anniversary gift!

The morning that was exactly a week from when Rohan brought (Y/n) into his care was a rainy one; though it was a gentle rain, the kind that furnishes spiderwebs with dewdrop chandeliers and promises rainbow skies after a calming period of gray—nothing like the storm the week prior. It was also a good morning, and (Y/n) came to learn through the passing of days that all mornings at the Kishibe residence were good, no matter what the weather may bring.

By now (Y/n) learned many things about her new home and the people within it: she knew that the cabinet to the left of the kitchen sink held dinner plates and glass cups, and the fifth floorboard from her bedroom door creaked when stepped on. She knew of Rohan's collection of baseball cards from when he was twelve, tucked away in a dusty old cardboard box in the closet of his studio, and knew that Reimi put exactly two creams and three sugars in every cup of coffee she had in the morning. She also knew that Arnold could not fall asleep without his banana squeaky toy. (Y/n) had grown so familiar with her surroundings that she could even navigate the entire upstairs with her eye closed (at least that's what she liked to believe, because the first time she tried was her last—tumbling down the stairs she went, but Rohan dove and caught her like a football before a bump could sprout on her head)!

And added to her collection of familiarities was a daily schedule written on a piece of paper hanging up on the fridge. After (Y/n) explained to Rohan and Reimi that she would sometimes wake up frightened of the new day, as the days back at her old home were nothing short of unpredictable, they created an agenda for (Y/n) that would guarantee safe and cheery mornings, afternoons filled with laughter and fun, and nights of relaxation and comfort. This is what Rohan wrote:

—When (Y/n) awakes (between 8-8:30) she will freshen up by getting dressed (only in Gucci and the greatest clothes brands!), brushing her teeth and hair, making her bed, and changing her bandage. Then she will join me in my fitness room to do 20 minutes of morning stretches as I jog on the treadmill. (Side note: I've yet to beat my 25 km/h personal record. Get on that, Rohan!) After exercise time we will all eat a nutritional breakfast courtesy of Reimi.

—(Y/n) will then have some time to do as she pleases, whether that be coloring, playing with her dolls, exploring outside, or taking Arnold on a walk with Reimi. I will make lunch for all of us, then (Y/n) will have her therapy session. Once that's finished, (Y/n) can watch TV for one hour (and none of your ridiculous, mind-numbingly dumb horror movies, Reimi).

—That leads to bathtime for (Y/n) as I help Reimi prepare dinner. We will all eat together (we can't forget dessert), help each other clear the table and wash the dishes, then wind down with either a board game or a drawing session. Reimi and I will give (Y/n) her medication, then she will freshen up for bedtime. The day will end with me telling her a bedtime story.

*Don't forget (Y/n)'s honey-milk tea before storytime!

(Y/n)'s mind slowly satisfied itself with familiarities, though she always left room for more, like a full stomach saving space for dessert. So when (Y/n) joined Reimi and Arnold on a rainy-day walk that morning, garbed in the cutest little frog raincoat and matching rain boots while holding up a frog umbrella that gleamed against the silver rainfall like a torch, she asked her guardian a special question: "Reimi, what do you like about the rain?" She followed up her question with a jump, a splash, and a giggle.